Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Veehyvez
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For those who own a copy, after playing it a couple of times, was the 90+$ tag worth it? Would you have still acquired the game for that price if you had played it 2-3 times before?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duarte
Portugal
Ponte de Lima
Ponte de Lima
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
90$ for this game?? No way. This is not a miniature's game.
That's too expensive, this is a game for 40/50$.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harald Mücke
Germany
Mönchengladbach
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

In Germany, the game is priced 55 EUR. But in fact: there are less than 20 copies left at all...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Veehyvez
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I live in canada, and 55 euro is 80$ canadian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Lignum is a very good game - price point threshold will be up to each individual, I suppose. I'm very glad to have a copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Paterson
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nezrul wrote:
For those who own a copy, after playing it a couple of times, was the 90+$ tag worth it? Would you have still acquired the game for that price if you had played it 2-3 times before?

I acquired my copy from overseas, and with shipping and exchange, it came to around $85 CAD. Yes, that's a high price tag for a game, but not that much higher than a standard heavy euro, which typically go for $60-70 at retail. I liked the look of the game, had heard good things, and didn't want to chance it going OOP and never being able to find a copy for under $100. I also knew there were only 800 copies produced, so for me, the higher than normal pricetag was worth it.

I've played the game and I like it a lot. I feel like it should be a $60 game in terms of traditional "value", but again - I was happy to pay a little extra to make sure I could get my hands on one. If it gets a North American reprint, it will likely be cheaper than what I paid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.