Runebound (Third Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Size of the Combat and Asset tokens? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Toxica
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did anyone measure the tokens already? Since I wanted to buy coin "sleeves" for them to prevent wear. Did the same thing with Forbidden Stars Order Tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PC ichigo
Thailand
Bangbuathong
Nonthaburi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Around 2.8-2.9 cm diameter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toxica
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wow that was fast, thank you very much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Melenberg
Canada
Prince Rupert
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Toxica wrote:
wow that was fast, thank you very much!

You do realize that for $5 you can get a complete replacement of all combat tokens. The release for this is predicted to be Feb 2016 if I recall correctly. Might be cheaper to replace after 25+ games than sleeve em, but to each their own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toxica
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TopherMel wrote:
You do realize that for $5 you can get a complete replacement of all combat tokens. The release for this is predicted to be Feb 2016 if I recall correctly. Might be cheaper to replace after 25+ games than sleeve em, but to each their own.

Yes I saw the announcement of it, but 100 coin sleeves (sorry don´t know the english word) are 5€ here so that is fine for me. But yes if they would not be that cheap, then I would also just buy the complete replacement tokens from Fantasy Flight Games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Moffett
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not criticizing you, I'm just as obsessive as the next guy in my own ways. But every time I see a thread like this I imagine viewing it as someone outside the hobby and imagine how strange/hilarious they would find the thought of sleeving cardboard tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ash tekka
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm just making engraved acrylic tokens instead of sleeving or laminating the tokens. My concern isn't the availability of replacements now but what about in five years or so? Might be hard to replace at that point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
Scotland
Elgin
Moray
flag msg tools
mbmb
Personally I'm going to see how long the first set lasts before implementing a longer term protection.

The extra sets will be on sale for at least as long as they support Runebound - and I think we're guaranteed a few years' worth of expansions. Should allow plenty of time to assess the longevity of the tokens. I'm not usually anti-sleeve but the idea of shaking up plastic sleeves with corners on doesn't really appeal.

Maybe I have the wrong idea of what coin sleeves are like. I'm curious what people will come up with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drinky Drinky
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Mr. Cat. Hold on I think I know my next move, just give me another minute....NO!!!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember Diskwars games are made of the same cardboard disk material, and those things get slammed into each other and hold up well.

Even if you try and "make it rain" with tokens, I don't think RB tokens will take the same rigors as the Diskwars tokens/Discs and will hold up fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Firth
United Kingdom
near mold
flintshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Toxica wrote:
Did anyone measure the tokens already? Since I wanted to buy coin "sleeves" for them to prevent wear. Did the same thing with Forbidden Stars Order Tokens.

Have you got a link to the coin sleeves?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toxica
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Firthaa01 wrote:

I buy them at a local store but this how they look and they come in different sizes "Coin Sleeves"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
Scotland
Elgin
Moray
flag msg tools
mbmb
Toxica wrote:
Firthaa01 wrote:

I buy them at a local store but this how they look and they come in different sizes "Coin Sleeves"

Those look like hard cases rather than sleeves like those used for cards.

Please let us know how that works out. Photos would be useful!

If they work well this might be an option for people who are concerned about tokens wearing out.

EDIT - Searches here in the UK have these priced around £5 for 10. Not really going to be cost effective, I could buy a whole new set for that. If someone can find them at the price you seem to have found locally it would be worth considering, but not for the prices I can find. They are called coin capsules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Graber
United States
Louisville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A link to the 29mm Lighthouse coin caps...

http://www.lighthouse.us/epages/lighthouse.sf/secSp84qBEV6Wk...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.