5 Posts

Hyperborea» Forums » Variants

Subject: Scoring track rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jonny Bohnanny

Nebraska
msg tools
Since players can affect when the game ends and the scores can be calculated by watching the game - except for possible points hiding in the one aquired yet unrevealed token - should there be a score track?

If I make a score track it will be for all points with the exception of board position - board position can go up and down, and is reasonable to calculate. So: techs, cubes, crystals, ghosts - things that only go up. That will make it easier for a player to know if they want to trigger end game conditions, or not, if they have the chance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mirko Ravizza
Italy
Torino
TO
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Also cubes and crystals go up and down. The only things that just go up are cards and killed minis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
badge
“Don't try the paranormal until you know what's normal.” - Granny Weatherwax
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't remember all the Advanced Technology cards, but one of the race powers of the yellow faction allows you to spend gems.
Also, some effects allow you to sacrifice cubes.

Edit: ninja'ed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jonny Bohnanny

Nebraska
msg tools
I see. I have not played with the race abilities yet since we are taking a few play throughs with basic rules. Each game is usually an introductory game for at least one player. In any event the ability to know if it is advantageous or not to triger the end condition seems to be a problem for some players. For some games with complicated scoring this is less of an issue when the players have no control over when the game ends - for example in Caverna it may be difficult to calculate the other player's scores but the game ends after a number of rounds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Favazza
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree. I think it's important to know how many cubes each person has. IT is the only hidden scoring information and that seems silly. I would add a track just for that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.