Subject: Available units- Set up questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yannis Monoyios
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
First of all congratulations on the game, it looks really great, I will enjoy it better, if some day I understand the rules; which are really written in a complex way without any obvious reason.

Here's the questions :

1) What means " Place NVA and VC Bases in the highest- and US Bases and Troops in the lowest-numbered empty spaces " 1.4.1 page 3 ?

2) For the US the Support+Available indication in the start of a full scenario game is 38, probably am counting wrong but in the set up the total support is 15, the rest 23, the only guide I found was the image in page 2 of the playbook where are 20 troops + 3 irregulars, but why ?

3) How the US Led- Irregulars box is used ?

4) What means Low#=Available Pieces ? Is written in the US Available Forces box

Thanks in Advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E V
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lykofron wrote:
which are really written in a complex way without any obvious reason.

I beg to differ, but YMMV.

Lykofron wrote:
1) What means " Place NVA and VC Bases in the highest- and US Bases and Troops in the lowest-numbered empty spaces " 1.4.1 page 3 ?

See the playbook, page #2, for a picture of how a full game is set up; observe how NVA and VC Bases are organized and look at the empty Available Forces boxes on your map; observe how US Bases are organized and look at the empty Available Forces box on your map.

Lykofron wrote:
2) For the US the Support+Available indication in the start of a full scenario game is 38, probably am counting wrong but in the set up the total support is 15, the rest 23, the only guide I found was the image in page 2 of the playbook where are 20 troops + 3 irregulars, but why ?

That image shows 21 Available US Troops and 2 Available US Bases, i.e., 23 pieces.

Lykofron wrote:
3) How the US Led- Irregulars box is used ?

Rule 1.4.1:

Quote:
Keep forces Available for placement in the Faction’s Available Forces box (or the US-led Irregulars box).

Lykofron wrote:
4) What means Low#=Available Pieces ? Is written in the US Available Forces box

Rule 1.4.1, again, just after the few words you quoted, says:

Quote:
to show the number of on-map Bases and Available US Bases and Troops

and thus the lowest visible numbers are the number of still available US Troops and Bases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yannis Monoyios
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Many thanks for the quick response , I just finished my first play, the game is A W E S O M E ! The ARVN won with margin 4 and US Army also succeed the goal !

The rulebook maybe is absolutely correct for the native English speakers , but for international English ...crywow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Swedes really like it and understand the rulebook language better than Americans do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.