Hide
3 Posts

Guns of August» Forums » Rules

Subject: Red forts rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
peter bix
msg tools
Hi all, I have just started to play this game again after a break of two years and although at the time my questions re: Red forts were answered by JG I have another couple of questions,

1)A German inf.unit moves into a hex that has a red fort on its own, does this give control of the location to the Germans, the German inf. unit isn't actually atop the fort but in the same area (a hex representing nine miles of land)? do the Germans control that hex?

2)If attacking a red fort on its own with rifle fire, (confirming a result with a 6 on a D6)assuming you achieve two step losses on the fort (I'm also assuming that the fort would be defending by using its rifle factor)what happens to the fort, do you remove it or would you place a German control marker on the forts counter? after all, you haven't destroyed the fort, only eliminated the forts defending garrison.

3) If 1) above is correct then is there any point in using rifle fire to attack the fort?

Thanks in advance for your patience! (If there's anyone still out there!!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gorkowski
msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
pebix wrote:
Hi all, I have just started to play this game again after a break of two years and although at the time my questions re: Red forts were answered by JG I have another couple of questions,

1)A German inf.unit moves into a hex that has a red fort on its own, does this give control of the location to the Germans, the German inf. unit isn't actually atop the fort but in the same area (a hex representing nine miles of land)? do the Germans control that hex?

2)If attacking a red fort on its own with rifle fire, (confirming a result with a 6 on a D6)assuming you achieve two step losses on the fort (I'm also assuming that the fort would be defending by using its rifle factor)what happens to the fort, do you remove it or would you place a German control marker on the forts counter? after all, you haven't destroyed the fort, only eliminated the forts defending garrison.

3) If 1) above is correct then is there any point in using rifle fire to attack the fort?

Thanks in advance for your patience! (If there's anyone still out there!!)

Peter, it's been a long time since I've looked at this game, but I'll try to answer your questions.

1) Yes.

2) Remove the fort. Keep in mind, you may very well have damaged some of the fortifications and/or disabled their guns. In any case, a fort without it's garrison is useless.

3) You cannot trace supply through a hex which contains an enemy unit (6.15). So, by co-locating your infantry with an enemy fort you gain control of the hex, but can't trace supply through it until the fort is destroyed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
peter bix
msg tools
Thank you John for your time. I'm enjoying this game very much. Peter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.