Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Niko Ruf
Germany
Schönaich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure how others feel about it, but having to resort the lore deck before each scenario annoys me. Thus, we have switched to the following "quick and dirty" variant:

1. To create the lore deck, simply shuffle all lore cards and discard 10, which are unavailable for the scenario.

2. If a player draws 2 lore cards at the end of his turn, he may keep both as long as he discards down to his hand limit.

Discarding cards before the game makes things more interesting, since there is always a chance that the "best" lore card for the scenario is unavailable. We wanted to keep that aspect from the original rules. And since there are 15 lore cards of each type, there will be at least 5 for each councillor left.

The second rule is in place to allow cycling through unwanted cards more quickly, as the lore deck is now on average bigger than before.

What do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I like this. It's simple and saves a lot of time putting the deck together. The draw 2 and discard down I like too since it helps balance the fact you have less chance of getting a card from your war council.

I wish the cards in this game were not non-standard size. I'd put these in card protectors since they get so much use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
If you remove the 'deck weighting' allowed by the standard lore deck construction rules, I can't see why anyone would void a lore master. It would no longer come with the added benefit of a reduced percentage of drawing that lore master's cards.

So people would tend towards 'rainbow' lore master coverage. In which case this variant would result in a SMALLER lore deck than dual-rainbow-councils normally would (50 as oposed to 56).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Shaw
United States
Kennesaw
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What size are the cards in this game? I ask because I always sleeve my cards...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko Ruf
Germany
Schönaich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thatmarkguy wrote:
If you remove the 'deck weighting' allowed by the standard lore deck construction rules, I can't see why anyone would void a lore master. It would no longer come with the added benefit of a reduced percentage of drawing that lore master's cards.

That is the only potential problem I can make out myself. Although my personal preference is still to leave one or two openings in the council to get a stronger commander and a level 2 cleric or warrior. The ability to hold 3 lore cards and the level-dependent effects are worth it, IMO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.