Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean McCormick
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When a regime has multiple special actions associated with it--for instance, Intelligence War--can the player freely activate as many of them as he has matching cards in his tableau for, or is it played that the player has a choice of one special activation (which is how I've been playing it)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
As many actions as you like from that colour, but you can only use one action from each tableau card per turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McCormick
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
qwertymartin wrote:
As many actions as you like from that colour, but you can only use one action from each tableau card per turn.

Thanks. That's a pretty significant change from how I've been playing, so I'll have to see how that alters tactics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It makes some pretty dastardly combos possible, particularly during Intelligence War!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McCormick
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a continuation, can I also assume that you can start your turn with a special action in one regime, then play a card that switches regimes, then play another special action, provided you have the necessary cards to activate those actions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich James
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
qwertymartin wrote:
Does the per turn limitation really mean that I can use the Special Actions again on my next turn? I'm just concerned about the use of the word Turn, as compared to Round for instance. I love the implications of being able to keep repeating the Special Actions each time it's my Turn, but it sounds very powerful. That said. it outs pressure on the other players to change the Regime if abused.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yokiboy wrote:
qwertymartin wrote:
Does the per turn limitation really mean that I can use the Special Actions again on my next turn? I'm just concerned about the use of the word Turn, as compared to Round for instance. I love the implications of being able to keep repeating the Special Actions each time it's my Turn, but it sounds very powerful. That said. it outs pressure on the other players to change the Regime if abused.

There are no rounds in Pamir, the players just take turns one after the other. So yes, you can use your special actions each turn, only limited by one action per card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.