Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Arcadia Quest» Forums » General

Subject: A few question, Never played AQ, thinking of jumping in the Inferno KS rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Louis D
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
here is a post: I posted on the AQinferno forum
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/179803/arcadia-quest...
but i got told to ask it here for my answers ( so sorry for the double post )

Hi, I recently saw the AQinferno kick-starter up, and I have to admit it's looking amazing, but I do have a few question for AQ veterans.

you can check my collection here : https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/LouisDavid?own=1&s...

I would like to ask a few things, in comparison to descent 2.0 ( i know they are different game on all cylinders, but, i think the comparison will make you understand why i'm doing it )
let me start by saying that I love descent 2.0, but I never wanted to own it because we cant get it to the table.

things i love from descent 2.0 :
- character progression
- feel attached to your character
- tactical feel, and objective base missions
things i don't like from descent 2.0 :
- set-up is quite long
- I was never a fan of the 1 vs many formula ( I like FFA or coops alot more )
- the campaign is why this game shine, your kinda force to do a campaign if you want the game to be really good, if you don't do the campaign you loose so much fluff

other question i would love to be answered before backing
- how bad is it to have a character die, I'm not someone to get mad if i get attacked, but i don't like when some-one destroy my progress.

Loosing a combat on a temple in kemet or loosing a ship in quantum is Fine and Fun.
- having your 4 points city captured, loosing your income, your tech, your spawning point, in clash of culture isn't ( in my book )

how much.... do you loose from the experience of the game .. by not doing the campain. is it mandatory like in descent 2.0

do you still feel like you have character progression in a single game, when you dont do the campain ? ( think of legend of andor or eldritch ) do you still feel like your caracters improved in a single game. have a small story of their own

does 2v2 works ? ( that looks silly fun !! )

and lastly, do you ever feel... like you cannot compete ( a player is to strong, whit to many equipment ) and it makes you feel like rage-quitting ( my friend in my gaming group get's .. hum.. sensible pretty quickly if he feels hes really behind and get attacked snore)

ps: i would love to own a sily fun, quick, tactical and pretty board game, and i feel AQ could fit that niche in my collection perfectly
or .. should i just get the latepledge of zombicide black plague whistle

ps2: you can see the original post here:
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1477444/few-question-ne...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
I gave you a detailed response in your original thread under AQ: Inferno.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick S
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dormammu wrote:
I gave you a detailed response in your original thread under AQ: Inferno.

I agree with Dormammu's response.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.