Subject: Nation Building rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Kassel
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
A player wins topple 1. Topple 2 falls off the market unused. Is the next topple a possible 2nd consecutive topple for the win or has the unused topple burned this option?

We had a couple of purges with cards taken back to hand. This meant leveraged cards entered play several times but were never discarded and the money supply greatly increased. Is this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Burleigh II
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Bless the Maker and His water... Bless the coming and going of Him... May His passage cleanse the world...
mbmbmbmbmb
When I played it - I took the Purge to be removing Leveraged cards from play, and thusly we discarded per the rules. (this was the call I made, as they were leaving play, whether they were "discarded permanently" or discard "to hand") - I am under the impression that if players are poor, then more rupees are in play post-purge (they're just at the market).

I would assume that since one was discarded, there was never an unsuccessful topple breaking the winner's streak. It was just discarded, to no effect.
It could be possible for another player to buy the topple just to burn it (by switching the Regime to a highly contested field, for instance), allowing them to "break" the leader's streak by knowingly failing the topple.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich James
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom Kassel wrote:
We had a couple of purges with cards taken back to hand. This meant leveraged cards entered play several times but were never discarded and the money supply greatly increased. Is this correct?

If during a Purge a leveraged card is taken back into your hand, the money is not returned to the bank. If the card is discarded from play, then the money is returned.

See Cole's answer here: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/20611677#20611677
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Burleigh II
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Bless the Maker and His water... Bless the coming and going of Him... May His passage cleanse the world...
mbmbmbmbmb
Rich, thanks for that clarification! I think it is one of the pre-release threads I didn't peruse.

Since it was our first game, I made a call and applied it evenly, no major harm, it wasn't like I won anyhow... whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Wehrle
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
"Work as if you live in the early days of a better nation"
mbmbmbmbmb
Somehow I missed this thread. Here's my answer to your other question:

If a Topple was discarded from the market, then it never was given the change to succeed or fail. Therefore, it would not count against the special requirement of the Nation Building rules. (That is, an empire with one successful topple could still end the game if they could take the next topple successfully, even if one was discarded with out effect in-between)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.