Hide
3 Posts

Mysterium» Forums » Rules

Subject: Vision discard rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James A
msg tools
Once a psychic has correctly guessed a person place or thing, they must discard their vision cards. Do they get discarded back into the ghosts discard pile so that they may be reshuffled back in if the ghost needs more cards OR are the cards discarded from the game entirely, making the vision impossible to get again to avoid repeating it in the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Gerard
United States
Pearland
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe there is only one discard pile. You can have two physical piles if that is easier for your group.

However, if the draw pile gets depleted, all the discarded cards get shuffled to form a new draw pile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ahearne
United States
Ayer
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think, especially on Easy level, it is important to have two discard piles. The Ghost should not get back vision cards previously given as visions.

I say this because we played for the first time, on Easy, and I as Ghost discarded my whole hand every turn. One player took 6 hours to get all 3 components.

I collected the discarded vision cards into my one vision discard pile. By the time it came to the final judgment, I had shuffled my vision pile, and to my surprise I drew two cards I had previously given as visions.

If I had given either of those cards out, and the players had seen them (we had 1 player seeing 1 card and 2 players seeing 2), it would have been a dead giveaway which card I was referring to. "He already gave us that for the postman. So it's the postman".

This is easy to avoid if the Ghost simply does not take the vision cards the psychics discard into his own discard pile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.