Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
I took a look at the German rules (on Kosmos' site - I submitted a link). As expected it is basically the original Ubongo, but with some differences:

1. The tile set is different: each player still has 12 tiles but the selection is not the same as in the original game. Some of the tiles were used in Duel.

2. The tiles have a light side and a dark side, of course.

3. There are 50 boards (each with a 3-piece side and a 4-piece side as usual). Each has only two puzzles: one uses pieces on the light side and the other uses pieces on the dark side.

4. The first player to solve a puzzle scores as many points as there are players in the game. The next player scores one less and so forth.

5. If no one solves the puzzle and the timer is flipped for a second try, everyone can score.

6. The game lasts just 7 rounds.

7. If there is a tie the players in the tie play another board to break it.

8. There is also a variant for Jedi Masters (it says). Everyone discards the two specific tiles shown in the rules. For each board you can use any subset of the remaining 10 tiles you want, but at least one has to be on the light side and one on the dark side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Baptist
United States
Highland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tool wrote:
I took a look at the German rules (on Kosmos' site - I submitted a link). As expected it is basically the original Ubongo, but with some differences:

1. The tile set is different: each player still has 12 tiles but the selection is not the same as in the original game. Some of the tiles were used in Duel.

2. The tiles have a light side and a dark side, of course.

3. There are 50 boards (each with a 3-piece side and a 4-piece side as usual). Each has only two puzzles: one uses pieces on the light side and the other uses pieces on the dark side.

4. The first player to solve a puzzle scores as many points as there are players in the game. The next player scores one less and so forth.

5. If no one solves the puzzle and the timer is flipped for a second try, everyone can score.

6. The game lasts just 7 rounds.

7. If there is a tie the players in the tie play another board to break it.

8. There is also a variant for Jedi Masters (it says). Everyone discards the two specific tiles shown in the rules. For each board you can use any subset of the remaining 10 tiles you want, but at least one has to be on the light side and one on the dark side.

Huh -- SW Carcassonne had some interesting changes but SW Ubongo looks like a watered-down Ubongo.

That's too bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.