Subject: Actually not an unexpected turn for The Donald rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: it_can't_happen_here [+] [View All]
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really cant call it a new low, because The Donald keeps surprising us.

"Republican presidential frontrunner Donald Trump defended comments he made Saturday saying he saw thousands of people in Jersey City, New Jersey cheering when the World Trade Center was destroyed on September 11, 2001.

"There were people that were cheering on the other side of New Jersey where you have large Arab populations,” he told George Stephanopoulos today on ABC’s “This Week.” "They were cheering as the World Trade Center came down. I know it might be not politically correct for you to talk about it, but there were people cheering as that building came down -- as those buildings came down, and that tells you something. It was well covered at the time.""

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donald-trump-cheering-jersey-...

To be precise, there was no coverage that anyone could find at that time, no discussion, just silence. So we are left with the sight of a leading presidential candidate slandering a religion with lies in a quite apparent attempt to whip up some good old fashioned religious hatred.

It seems more and more apparent what path The Donald is taking. The question becomes how many of his supporters will be goosestepping their way into history with him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
it's working. he's up in the current polls and Carson is falling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe he meant to Mexicans across the boarder ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:

And that is the most terrifying part of all. People always ask how the Germans, an educated people, could have followed Hitler in the 30s. Well here we are in the next century and we seem to be repeating the errors of the past.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
Pfff

There were large crowds of Muslims celebrating in the streets 14 years ago broadcast on TV.

There were reports of the same thing happening in Jersey. May or may not have happened. He got it confused..... 14 years later.

Sounds like a huge deal to me.

Muslims were cheering. Donald got the location wrong. He is clearly the problem.

The details are less important than his willingness to appeal to people's basest instincts and taking pride in it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:
Koldfoot wrote:
Pfff

There were large crowds of Muslims celebrating in the streets 14 years ago broadcast on TV.

There were reports of the same thing happening in Jersey. May or may not have happened. He got it confused..... 14 years later.

Muslims were cheering. Donald got the location wrong. He is clearly the problem.

The details are less important than his willingness to appeal to people's basest instincts and taking pride in it.

You're right. He is no better than a Muslim. Where does that leave us?

Donald Trump wrote:
You could end up voting for the greatest, classiest Sharia Law possible. My Sharia Law is so much better than what those Muslims have in the Middle East, or even here in America. My Sharia Law will make those other Sharia Law's heads spin. It is an amazing Sharia Law.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric "Shippy McShipperson" Mowrer
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Ami. Geek.
mbmbmbmbmb
Kumitedad wrote:
jmilum wrote:

And that is the most terrifying part of all. People always ask how the Germans, an educated people, could have followed Hitler in the 30s. Well here we are in the next century and we seem to be repeating the errors of the past.

Ah yes, my favorite part of every election cycle. Bush is Hitler. Obama is Stalin. Trump is Hitler. Hillary is Stalin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
Pfff

"May or may not have happened"? You have any source for these "reports" , or is slandering fellow citizen ok to you, because they are of a religion you dont approve

And the fact that he is using this lie to push his anti muslim agenda seems to indicate one would have to be one of his more brainless groveling followers to file this under honest mistake.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
jeremycobert wrote:

do you even spanish (nice racist comments on that video tho)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Again, Koldie, debating the fact that he got the details wrong is missing the point, at least as far as I see it. The far more egregious part is that he was happy to go there in the first place.

Get your voting base nice and mad, because I know I do my best decision-making when I'm angry as sin... don't you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
Kumitedad wrote:
Koldfoot wrote:
Pfff

"May or may not have happened"? You have any source for these "reports" , or is slandering fellow citizen ok to you, because they are of a religion you dont approve

And the fact that he is using this lie to push his anti muslim agenda seems to indicate one would have to be one of his more brainless groveling followers to file this under honest mistake.

Actually, I had just heard this report on NPR.

According to the reporter, police in that town near jersey city confirmed unconfirmed reports of celebration at the time, but they had no confirmation.

The reporter didn't put much effort into it.

What does it matter where Muslims were cheering, any way?

Would it matter to you if someone misremembered a Westboro protest in Jersey when it actually happened in Ohio?

You have a link for this "report" or do we just get to hope your memory is not as degraded as The Donald's

And the difference is that one is a demonstration by citizens of a foreign country, and the other is a cheering of the deaths of US citizens by other citizens. The latter being used as "proof" of the treachery of Muslims to help promote sanctions against folks just because of their religion.

Tell us, are you really unable to discern this on your own, or are you just hoping no one catches on to the underlying delusion of your arguements
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank F
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
IF YOU WANT IT
badge
Please investigate a resource based economy.
mbmbmbmbmb
Kumitedad wrote:
I really cant call it a new low, because The Donald keeps surprising us.

"Republican presidential frontrunner Donald Trump defended comments he made Saturday saying he saw thousands of people in Jersey City, New Jersey cheering when the World Trade Center was destroyed on September 11, 2001.

"There were people that were cheering on the other side of New Jersey where you have large Arab populations,” he told George Stephanopoulos today on ABC’s “This Week.” "They were cheering as the World Trade Center came down. I know it might be not politically correct for you to talk about it, but there were people cheering as that building came down -- as those buildings came down, and that tells you something. It was well covered at the time.""

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donald-trump-cheering-jersey-...

To be precise, there was no coverage that anyone could find at that time, no discussion, just silence. So we are left with the sight of a leading presidential candidate slandering a religion with lies in a quite apparent attempt to whip up some good old fashioned religious hatred.

It seems more and more apparent what path The Donald is taking. The question becomes how many of his supporters will be goosestepping their way into history with him.

Technically, Arab isn't a religion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
Do you have proof that the people involved in the cheering we can't confirm were citizens of the US?

That point is just as absurd as you wanting to condemn him on events that are easily confused.

If you want to condemn, start with Hil, the chronic I-can't-recall-events from-last-month-er. Maybe then you would have cred.

Events that are easily confused? He claimed to see residents of the United States cheering the 9/11 attacks on TV, and you pass it off as being an easily confused event? So your defense is that The Donald is so delusional he made up something this vile confusing it with NO reporting of any incident of this kind in this country. Sorry, but I really don't believe anyone putting forward this moronic an excuse gets to hand out cred. As the Mayor of Jersey City so pointedly said

"Trump is plain wrong, and he is shamefully politicizing an emotionally charged issue. No one in Jersey City cheered on September 11th," Fulop said. "We were actually among the first to provide responders to help in lower Manhattan. Trump needs to understand that Jersey City will not be part of his hate campaign."

And one doesn't need guidance on what to condemn from someone who seems to be willing to defend said campaign
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
Under trump-ria you at least get fired on merit.

Trump's been sued many, many times for racial discrimination against his employees, so nuh-uh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:

Donald Trump wrote:
When I fire someone, it is entirely about ratings, not merit. And it's the most fabulous firing anyone has ever seen, ever. And classy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grand Admiral Thrawn
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Trump can call Mexicans rapists and spread distrust about Muslims all he wants, but now he's gone too far.

No one hates on Jersey City and gets away with it. I hear he might have a little "accident". Accidents happen all the time. People fall down. Car brakes fail to work. Maybe his chicken parmigiana tastes a little different tonight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:

It may be worth noting the only person I knew who cheered 11/9 was a neo pagan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
Kumitedad wrote:
Koldfoot wrote:
Pfff

Actually, I had just heard this report on NPR.

According to the reporter, police in that town near jersey city confirmed unconfirmed reports of celebration at the time, but they had no confirmation.

The reporter didn't put much effort into it.

What does it matter where Muslims were cheering, any way?

Would it matter to you if someone misremembered a Westboro protest in Jersey when it actually happened in Ohio?
That is pure poetry.

They confirmed unconfirmed reports with no confirmation

the beauty of the English language at work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Russell
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mightygodking wrote:
Koldfoot wrote:

Trump's been sued many, many times for racial discrimination against his employees, so nuh-uh

Has he lost the lawsuits? (I could probably look it up, but I'm lazy.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
I'm no Trump fan, but . . . I guess he was right.

"I'm no fan of Trump, but I reluctantly went and searched the internet for even the slightest possible bit of evidence that he might be correct about Muslims being evil, just because I felt a moral imperative to do so, you know"

CLASSIC Drew man I tell you what

does Drew even know that Snopes dot com exists
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:

Funny how the press can't find their own stories.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/290767616/Northern-New-Jersey-Draw...

From the story:

Quote:
In Jersey City, within hours of two jetliners’ plowing into the World Trade Center, law enforcement authorities detained and questioned a number of people who were allegedly seen celebrating the attacks and holding tailgate-style parties on rooftops while they watched the devastation on the other side of the river.

Police say they have no record of this alleged event. Trump says he saw thousands of people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:

From the story:

Quote:
In Jersey City, within hours of two jetliners’ plowing into the World Trade Center, law enforcement authorities detained and questioned a number of people who were allegedly seen celebrating the attacks and holding tailgate-style parties on rooftops while they watched the devastation on the other side of the river.

A pretty legit site obviously.

Trump is clearly false.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mb
jmilum wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:

From the story:

Quote:

Police say they have no record of this alleged event. Trump says he saw thousands of people.

Clearly "a number of people" and "allegedly" means thousands and thousands and 4-realz!

These facts will not matter to the mouth breathers. They full fill a narrative niche and are therefore irrefutable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
Drew1365 wrote:

From the story:

Quote:

be careful copying links and quotes like that or people might find out about your pretty legit secret sites - could this be one of them http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2015/11/why_the_media_do... (current headlines "Exposed: Obama's Love for Jihadis and Hate for Christians" and "Useful Idiots Gone Wild" certainly sound very drew-esque)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:

From the story:

Quote:

I don't seem able to find the part concerning "thousands" celebrating in the streets as The Donald said. Could you highlight that part for us? There's a good lad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.