Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Perry Clayton
United States
Hanceville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1). Setup makes a point of saying remove all tokens for personal items for the Rocketeers not on the mission.

This leaves the tokens for the rocketeers that are on the mission still in the token pool.

But then it goes on to say to give them their personal items at the start of the mission. Why go to the specific trouble of including tokens for items that they are already granted at the start of the mission?

2). The alert tokens are distributed on the map, with the muster location of the alien being the location of the alert tile. Are we supposed to reveal these during the scanning phase before the Red Alert Stage? That doesn't seem right. Once the Red Alert Stage begins, in what order are these tokens revealed? Do we use the scanning rules for determining which Alert Token to reveal?

3). Since the mission objective is to clear the rocketship of all aliens, and each player is required to reveal an alert token and remove a count-down cube during red alert, doesn't this whole scenario come down to whether you draw an alert token that spits out an alien on the penultimate discard of a count down cube?

I feel like I'm missing something on how the Red Alert Stage of this mission is supposed to play out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Raspler
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
KnobleSavage wrote:
1). Setup makes a point of saying remove all tokens for personal items for the Rocketeers not on the mission.

This leaves the tokens for the rocketeers that are on the mission still in the token pool.

But then it goes on to say to give them their personal items at the start of the mission. Why go to the specific trouble of including tokens for items that they are already granted at the start of the mission?

You're right -- it's confusing. We should have said to remove all personal items before distributing the Rocketeer item tokens on the map, not just the ones for missing characters.

KnobleSavage wrote:
2). The alert tokens are distributed on the map, with the muster location of the alien being the location of the alert tile. Are we supposed to reveal these during the scanning phase before the Red Alert Stage? That doesn't seem right. Once the Red Alert Stage begins, in what order are these tokens revealed? Do we use the scanning rules for determining which Alert Token to reveal?

In this scenario, reveal the Alert tokens and place the extra aliens when you scan the tile they're in -- before the Red Alert stage begins. This means the bottom half of the rocket will be crawling with aliens.

Once Red Alert begins, commence the 10-turn countdown as described under Red Alert Stage in the Special rules on page 17.

KnobleSavage wrote:
3). Since the mission objective is to clear the rocketship of all aliens, and each player is required to reveal an alert token and remove a count-down cube during red alert, doesn't this whole scenario come down to whether you draw an alert token that spits out an alien on the penultimate discard of a count down cube?

I feel like I'm missing something on how the Red Alert Stage of this mission is supposed to play out.

Hopefully, it all makes sense now. You have 10 Rocketeer turns after revealing the final tile to wipe out the infesting aliens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perry Clayton
United States
Hanceville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dan R. wrote:

In this scenario, reveal the Alert tokens and place the extra aliens when you scan the tile they're in -- before the Red Alert stage begins...
Hopefully, it all makes sense now.

Yes, that clarification makes it much easier to understand what's going on. Thank you for the swift response!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perry Clayton
United States
Hanceville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One other quick question about this scenario:

Since the tiles start revealed, are the Rocketeers allowed to enter unscanned tiles, and, if so, pick up items ("anything not bolted down")?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Raspler
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
No, even though the tiles are face-up in this scenario, they are still considered "unscanned", and so impassable to Rocketeers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perry Clayton
United States
Hanceville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks again Dan. My wife and I are really enjoying this game. I hope there will be expansions. In my opinion, this game isn't getting nearly enough hype.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Hall-Williams
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KnobleSavage wrote:
In my opinion, this game isn't getting nearly enough hype.

I have to agree; I work in a games shop and am enthusing about SC:AM as much as possible (I have scenario 5 set up on the table right now) but it's been a bit of an uphill struggle getting people to bite - same with Mantic Games' Mars Attacks - maybe the 50s-60s sci-fi era is losing out to Star Wars fever?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.