Subject: Town Hall action and merchant card, regarding worker color rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mauricio Montoya
Colombia
Medellín
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This doubt came out a couple of times in two diferent sessions.

If you use the town hall action and play the merchant card for its "blue" power, it allows you to use the action of any other building as if you had a worker there.

If you then want to activate the Mill or the Silversmith, do you treat said activation as if it was being done by a black, grey or white worker? Or it depends on the worker you placed/removed in the Town Hall? (At first we ruled that you used the color of the worker currently on the Mill/Silversmith, but what happens if they are empty?)

And so far we have also allowed to use the Town Hall + merchant combination to activate the Longhouse or the Armoury without having a grey or white worker (i.e. you play a black worker at the Town Tall, discard the merchant, then activate the Longhouse as if you had a grey worker there). Is this supposed to be allowed?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shem Phillips
New Zealand
Waikanae
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The colour of the Worker you place/pick up from the Town Hall is important. The card says "as if your Worker were there". So if they were a Black worker, you cannot use the Long House or Armoury. Likewise, their colour effects the return in the Mill and Silversmith.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mauricio Montoya
Colombia
Medellín
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Shem!

At the time we were playing with the spanish PnP cards (as some people in my group are not fluent in english) and didn't have the english cards at hand to double check. The translation is fine, but clearly the original wording leaves less way for misinterpretation about the worker´s color (the spanish text reads as "a worker" instead of "YOUR worker").

So far the game has been a great success with all my gaming groups, and even my 9 year old daughter loved it (the game is deceptively simple and so colorful). Looking forward to the Explorers campaign, along with some friends that now want to grab their own copy of Raiders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shem Phillips
New Zealand
Waikanae
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! Glad you're enjoying it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.