Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Hinrickson
United States
Brooklyn Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We had a question come up last night that we couldn't find anything definative in the rule book to clarify.

Our question was, if for example you have 3 hit tokens and 2 defense tokens in the Defense space on the board and the Monster has an Attack of 5, can you choose to take 1-3 hits of damage and move 1-3 of the hit tokens to the ATTACK space on the board to kill a monster instead of using it as DEFENSE?

Hope this makes sense, but being that the hero or the monster has to die in the challenge (meaning you cannot retreat) we found that sometimes a challenge can become a stale mate if the above is not applied.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike zebrowski
United States
Unspecified
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
See the example on page 31.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hinrickson
United States
Brooklyn Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure how the hell we missed that, so basically as I understand it the hit tokens in the DEFENSE section will be used for defense first then move to ATTACK to serve as a hit to the monster as well, so red dice are good, unless you are fighting a powerful monster in which you would like to weaken first with some initial hits from the blue dice. I feel pretty dumb about that as I have played this game 3 or 4 times and read the rules at least that many times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Pavitt
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's the best of both worlds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.