Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ethan Soanka
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam,

Question 1: Is there a max # of Reaction cards players can play for both Planet and Atmosphere turns?

Question 2: If no "Deepspace Protocols" in play, can I Singularity , then Blink for no damage on myself? cool

Eagle Eye's "Deepspace Protocols" card is crazy powerful. I've been using "Trigger Singularity" and nuking things for 20 damage, but taking zero damage!

When you explained my last rules question it all made sense when I saw it in play.

This is a fun game and having just seen "Interstellar" makes me more enthused to play this game.

I look forward to your response.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Oplinger
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Reaction Cards
Answer 1: No, you can play multiples and multiple players can play reaction cards. Some ships, like the Gadget, have LOTS of reaction cards.

Answer 2: Yes, indeed! You've already found a really cool combo. There's a lot of those, actually. Here's a nother one… Arguably of the most powerful cards in the game is in Transformation. It limits the number of cards the planet plays. Then, there's a card in Junkers that essentially doubles a docked card. Game changer, if you can get them out…

Enjoy saving the human race!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Soanka
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Reaction Cards
Sam,

Question: How does Eagle Eye's "For the Earthlings" exactly work? I read it as "The planet may not play any cards for 1 cycle {aka 3 turns})and that it should be played before any Planet cards are revealed." Is this correct?

Tried another game, on the same planet, with the same ships and was slowly grinded down to ghost ships. Much different than the last game. Good times!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Oplinger
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Couple ideal times to play that. Before the planet plays any cards right at the beginning of a cycle. Say it is going to play 3 cards before atmosphere cards and then the players go. Play it right at the onset and it won't play any cards.

There's cards that make the planet play additional cards (3 more immediately). You could end up with as many as seven planet cards being played in a turn. Once you see that, you might take a hit to play this and protect your colonists.

Good time to play is when you're all so close to victory, but are worried the planet is going to beat you down right before the finish line.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Soanka
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you say "at the beginning of a cycle", does that mean we need to be keeping track of 3 turns per cycle change? We have not been keeping track of when cycles begin and end, as we presumed the "Save the Earthlings" card just works for 1 cycle (ie. we would keep track of those 3 turns once the card was played.)

Ok, so use it before the planet plays cards or in reaction to, I got it now. Very versatile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Oplinger
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm. I have the text on that card as "Reaction. Take 10 structural damage. The planet does not play any cards this cycle. Discard."

Each "cycle" the planet plays some cards, the atmo card go, and each player from whoever was determined to be the starting player goes once in clockwise order. Then the cycle is over.

Where are you seeing "turns" mentioned? There shouldn't be any reason to count turns. Reactions might happen on planet's turn or a player's turn, but I didn't think there were any references to a specific number of turns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Soanka
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam,

Dang, I re read page 5: "Turn Order" and presumed it was all 1 turn (I got mixed up). Ok, so basically a "cycle" is those 3 immediate turns. Got it. Hmm, now that first game won't count as cards were played incorrectly.

Ok, time to try it again the correct way. laughcool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Stocks
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
(edit) never mind, missed the lightning bolt discard icon in the top right!

-----------

Hi, on the Interpol Vengeance, there is a reaction card called "Hero Time". Unlike any other reaction card in the same deck, this card has no indication that it is discarded after use. Can you keep it in hand, just causing the damage to yourself each time to use the effect again?

Compare:
- Hero Time -
Reaction. Take 5 structural damage to give all ships 10 structural Armor, once.

With - Proximity Mines -
Reaction. Discard to give a surface space +5 organic Armor, once.

This says to me that hero time is reusable at a cost to the player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.