Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Achim Zien
Germany
Oldenburg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
There's a theory: if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There's another theory: this has already happened.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there,

having played the demo, I just wanted to get a brief overview over how many players got what secret on their first playthrough.

Poll
Did you get the secrets on your first runthrough?
  Yes I kinda knew there was something but could not solve it No
Hidden number on first tile
Turtle Hunting
      138 answers
Poll created by PiHalbe

Personally, I got the hidden number and kinda knew there was something with the message but did not know how to put it to use.

I am not sure if I like the way the turle riddle was implemented. Does anyone know if the French version is more precise in this regard?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu Fontaines
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
French version of the tortoise riddle is completely absconse.
I did knew there was something but still could not get the metagame clue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunther Schmidl
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
We didn't see the number because I printed it in black & white
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Achim Zien
Germany
Oldenburg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
There's a theory: if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There's another theory: this has already happened.
mbmbmbmbmb
gschmidl wrote:
We didn't see the number because I printed it in black & white

I had my cards printed out with two printers (laser and ink) and noted that it would have been tougher to discover on the darker laser printout. However, on the light ink printout I spotted it easily.

Let's hope that they have a good printer for production of the base game and clues will actually be visible (but not too easily).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Socram S
France
Montpelliler
flag msg tools
The turtle : hunt 4 turtles. The turtle card number is 4, so 4x4=16 now replace the card for the 16th

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic Roy
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
27 World Series titles and counting!
badge
And 28 is coming soon!
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally played this tonight.
It's very short for such long rules, and I'm left unsatisfied. Not so much because I didn't find everything, it's mainly that after looking at the solution to the turtle clue I am feeling cheated, this requires me to look at a card at the risk of being wrong and seeing information I shouldn't be looking at.

I don't want to spoil, but there are other games that require the very same thing and the clues explicitly tell you to do so. In this case it's a guess regarding the 0+ cards 1 star, does it become 0+ cards 4 stars? And then look at a card which isn't listed at all.

I hope the main game isn't as unclear as this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am pretty sure they said they would address this in the main game. Something like don't look at this card unless you came from card X on the back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Favre
Switzerland
Sion
Valais
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You're right, here's the chosen solution
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Lahn
Canada
Brantford
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't figure out how I was supposed to find the Gold 17 card... I peeked at all the cards and I couldn't figure that out...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jwlahn wrote:
I can't figure out how I was supposed to find the Gold 17 card... I peeked at all the cards and I couldn't figure that out...
Explore the 017 spot multiple times until you have exhausted the other options. You can do it multiple times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.