Rob Harper
United Kingdom
Wantage
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
is kindly helping me to get a rulebook TRULY redacted in english.

We need some proofreading when the rulebook gets complete. They aren't long (the longest is 8 pages with illustrations).

Actually I'm not asking for a professional proofreading job (because the games are prototypes, quite advanced, but just prototypes) it is this only if the rulebook is clear and understandable

If anyone is happy to help let us know And if anyone wants to know more about our prototypes, check our website (http://www.llamadice.com) but it is currently only in Spanish

EDIT: The rulebook can be downloaded by now here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/4ztd267i95zjl7q/Size_Dice_...

I uploaded the file to the game's page here in BGG, when it's ready I'll change the link
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Harper
United Kingdom
Wantage
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Help with rulebook is needed :)
We've now got a complete English rulebook (pending formatting and stuff) for the new version of Ray Master, and we have managed to fix some obvious (to us) problems, but this will still need a load of proof-reading and editing. I've been taking a few days away from it and will go back again and see what more I can find soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Kay
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I can't promise an expert proof-reading, but I'd be happy to read for clarity etc if you still need another pair of eyes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isra C.
Spain
Valdemoro, Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Andy, any help would help indeed!!

I promise that is easy to read and is not too long

Probably today I'm going to finish the formatting and tomorrow will be availabe trough our website BUT, I'll post in the forum section of the game (and here too)

Thank you for your interest and your help!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Kay
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Cool! I'll look out for the rules here, I look forward to reading them
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isra C.
Spain
Valdemoro, Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Andy!

The rulebook can be dowloaded from here (I uploaded to BGG but it will took a while)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/4ztd267i95zjl7q/Size_Dice_...

Thank you very much for your help!!!

Isra.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Kay
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Re: [Rulebook available] Help with rulebook is needed :)
Hi, I've downloaded it. I will have a good look over it, and get back to you tonight or Thursday. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isra C.
Spain
Valdemoro, Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome Andy!

Finally there are only 6 pages instead of 8
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Goodall
United Kingdom
Cambridge
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the results from a quick first read, probably missed other stuff...

From Setup:
Quote:
...takes two scientist cubes of her color...

From Actions - Move the Size Ray:
Quote:
If you used one scientist, or a tile with the number 1 on it for this action, you should move the Size Ray one position in whichever direction you like. If you used two scientists, or a tile with the number 2, then you should move the Size Ray two positions.

Unclear about the use of "should". Is it really a "may" or "must" move it "exactly" or "up to" that distance?

From Actions - Heat or Cool the Ray:
Inconsistent use of Cool/Chill between text description and diagram.
Text describes this as one action but it appears on the board as two separate actions, and would a player not be able to use both on the same turn?

From Shooting the Ray:
Quote:
Important: if you shrink a small die, or there is no available smaller die, then the die disappears.

I was unclear for some time what "no available smaller die" meant. Adding an "in your/the supply" may help.

Quote:
Important: if you shoot in this mode(comma) at a large die or there's no available larger die, the die only increases in value, it doesn't explode!

Also, minor: "there is" in first, "there's" in second.

Quote:
If you are enlarging a die, the value shown on the die is increased by two instead of one (if possible).

"As much as possible"? So that a 5 at least goes to a 6.

Quote:
If, as a result of shooting, any die has changed its value, move the energy marker one space down the energy track.

You might want to clarify that it only moves one space, even if the die value increase by 2 (due to enlarge firing at coldest temperature).

General Gameplay:
Quote:
You may take an extra scientist marker to help you for the next turn only

As you're not required to play all your scientist markers each turn, how can you track this scientist as only available for the next turn?

What happens if there's no die hit? e.g. size at large and no large die in the firing line? Probably never happens as it's not to the players advantage but perhaps needs to be covered?

Hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Harper
United Kingdom
Wantage
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
firewizard wrote:
Hope this helps.

Great feedback, thank you very much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Harper
United Kingdom
Wantage
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Isra,

I have updated the source document according to Robin's very helpful comments.

firewizard wrote:
As you're not required to play all your scientist markers each turn, how can you track this scientist as only available for the next turn?

What happens if there's no die hit? e.g. size at large and no large die in the firing line? Probably never happens as it's not to the players advantage but perhaps needs to be covered?

These are probably points for you to address. If you give me the rulings, I can add them in.

Rob
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isra C.
Spain
Valdemoro, Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Robin! Thank you very mucho for that awesome feedback!

Replying you:

Quote:

You only have 2 scientist available in every turn. You can obtain one extra scientist for the next turn. Using the scientist or not, you lose it

Quote:

It happens that the size ray gets hotter but no energy is spent. You can use that move, for example, hurrying the end of the game, leaving totally hot the ray... it depends in the situation of the game

@Rob, Thank you!! I'll check it when I arrive at home
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Harper
United Kingdom
Wantage
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
israperrillo wrote:
Quote:

You only have 2 scientist available in every turn. You can obtain one extra scientist for the next turn. Using the scientist or not, you lose it

If I understand Robin correctly, I think his point is that tracking whether you have 1 or 2 scientists available is something that you have to do in your head and the game doesn't help with this very much.

Maybe the answer is to have a final step in the turn saying that you should finish off with a certain number of scientists ready for the next turn: 2 if you shot the size ray, or 3 if you did not. This could actually just be an extension of the "draw a tile" step. There would also need to be a note about this in the advanced rules as the number of scientists would be 3 or 4 instead.

israperrillo wrote:
Quote:

It happens that the size ray gets hotter but no energy is spent. You can use that move, for example, hurrying the end of the game, leaving totally hot the ray... it depends in the situation of the game

I will add something to that effect to the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isra C.
Spain
Valdemoro, Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah! The extension of Draw a new tile step could work very well!

The "no targeted die" move could be added to the shooting step (4th step) with an example or something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Harper
United Kingdom
Wantage
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've made some more changes based on this.

I think the "no die hit" case seems to fit most naturally in the "Update Status" step, which is where I put it for now, but if you want to move it to the shooting step, that is fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isra C.
Spain
Valdemoro, Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone!

I've submitted the final version of the rulebook with minor improvements here:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/8t0v8ib58px7h92/Size_Dice_engl...

Happy reading

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.