Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luke Putorek
United States
Mexico
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So in my most recent play I was the spider. The prophet landed on my space and dealt me 1 damage. On my turn as the agent I used tangle. My question is Do I need to roll for tangel line or is it automatic. The tangle line card says roll a die, if the die roll is equal to or higher than the distance of the hunter they are stunned. So by my reasoning if the hunter is on my space I dont need to roll its automatic. So we played it that since the hunter was on my space it was a automatic stun. This won me the game did we play this right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dillon Flaherty
United States
Severna Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would think either this or a directly adjacent space are both perfectly acceptable to play it as an automatic tangle line hit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathias Heilmann
Germany
Essen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Genestealer1969 wrote:
A roll of a '1' is always a miss.

I second that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Putorek
United States
Mexico
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Heilz wrote:
Genestealer1969 wrote:
A roll of a '1' is always a miss.

I second that.

The rulebook says a 1 is a automatic miss when attacking. Is the tangle line an attack? It does not do damage and it's a equipment card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emerson @NazcaGames
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The Tangle line is intended to use the same attack rules as the hunters. It will always miss on a roll of a '1' when using it at range. But if the hunter is in the same space, the hit is automatic and does not require the die roll. So I would say you played it right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Putorek
United States
Mexico
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
nazcagames wrote:
The Tangle line is intended to use the same attack rules as the hunters. It will always miss on a roll of a '1' when using it at range. But if the hunter is in the same space, the hit is automatic and does not require the die roll. So I would say you played it right.

Thank you for the response. I love your game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen Dollenkamp-Tiggelman
Netherlands
Overijssel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Could you use Tangle line to prevent the otherwise automatic point of damage instead? (I think no, because it does not specifically say so.)

If so, then the hunter would be stunned until the end of the current turn only, so not in the next (so would not have slowed down movement)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Amo
msg tools
When would be the proper time to use the tangle line? I know cards can be used before or after moving but here is my example. Spider moves and uses no ability. A hunter moves and does not see the spider. The second hunter moves and is in line of sight of spider. Can spider at this point use the tangle lines even though it is technically not their turn and there is still another hunter waiting to move?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emerson @NazcaGames
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Fifty7 wrote:
When would be the proper time to use the tangle line? I know cards can be used before or after moving but here is my example. Spider moves and uses no ability. A hunter moves and does not see the spider. The second hunter moves and is in line of sight of spider. Can spider at this point use the tangle lines even though it is technically not their turn and there is still another hunter waiting to move?

At the start of your turn as the Agent, you'll get the opportunity to use the tangle line on the hunter in LOS before moving back into the shadows. Hope that helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Amo
msg tools
nazcagames wrote:
Fifty7 wrote:

At the start of your turn as the Agent, you'll get the opportunity to use the tangle line on the hunter in LOS before moving back into the shadows. Hope that helps.

So during the hunters moves the agent can't use this card (or similar cards) as a defense mechanism? They just have to take the hits and use the card to get away at the beginning of their next turn? Thanks for the help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysztof B.
Poland
Szczecin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can Spider use tangle line when finish movement and see hunter?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Tarr
United States
Floyds Knobs
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysztof B.
Poland
Szczecin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Im not sure. Im talkin about situation when at begining agent's turn his position is unknow. On card is written 'Choose a hunter that has line of sight to Spider...' not 'Choose a hunter that agent has line of sight to hunter...' Line of sight is cheked during hunters turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Tarr
United States
Floyds Knobs
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure you can END your turn with a tangle line, so long as you leaver yourself in hunter's line of sight. Problem is, other nearby hunters aren't stunned, and they now know exactly where you are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.