David Heath
United States
Pueblo West
United States
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Heroes of Normandy The award-winning, squad-level Lock ’n Load Tactical Series jumps into Western Europe in 1944 with Heroes of Normandy. From the initial D-Day drops, on June 6th, to the fighting in the Norman bocage, and on to Operation Market Garden, this combination of Band of Heroes and its expansion, Swift & Bold, arrives at the battle heavy, with 30 scenarios, over 650 die-cut counters, and the latest v4.1 rules. Command audacious American and British paratroopers and glider troops in daring missions against stalwart defensive positions and fiendish counterattacks by the German Wehrmacht, SS and Fallschirmjägers.

Infantry squads and intrepid individuals, such as skilled Leaders and Heroes, are at the core of the LnL Tactical Series. With them you can fire M1919A4, Vickers, MG34 and MG42 machine guns; take aim at approaching tanks with Bazookas, Piats and Panzerfausts; and find the range with heavy mortars and numerous anti-tank guns, from the American 57mm to the dreaded German 88mm. Vehicles, especially tanks, also clatter onto the battlefield to take on pesky infantry and, of course, each other. M4A1 Shermans, M5A1 Stuarts, Fireflies and Cromwells square off against Panzer IIIs and IVs as well as the big cats: Panthers and Tigers.

Heroes of Normandy has 30 scenarios and tell the battles of the men from the 101st Airborne, 82nd Airborne, British 6th Airborne, 17th SS Panzergrenadier, 6th Fallschirmjager, 91st Airlanding and 352nd Infantry Divisions. The scenarios covers battles spanning the D-Day drops, fighting the Norman hedgerows and Operation Market Garden. No other product is required to play this game.

It’s squad-level tactical combat at its most exciting!

You can place an order at our store here: http://store.lnlpublishing.com/Heroes-of-Normandy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gray
United States
Watertown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I followed the link... That is the real front box art for the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Hung
Hong Kong
Wan Chai
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If one already has both the base and the expansion games, does he still require this Heroes of Normandy? Do they have the same scenarios?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Heath
United States
Pueblo West
United States
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes it is, Done by David Julien. We have redesign the entire series.

David

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Heath
United States
Pueblo West
United States
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Lawrence,

We have done a lot of work on updating and expanded player aid cards, scenarios and the manuals. The manuals are in full color with larger fonts and more examples of play making them easier to read and play with. We made sure that most of new materials such as the X-Maps and Battle Generator are available for any LnLT fan can order without needed to buy a new edition. The counter mix has been expanded so future expansions can be played with the new editions. The extra counters in this edition also works better with our Heroes of Normandy Battle Generator.

I think the question is: If you already own Band of Heroes and Swift and the Bold, do you really need to buy Heroes of Normandy? If you want all the updated stuff and consistent counters, such as new player aid cards that are tailored to Heroes of Normandy, plus the updated v4.1 rules and module rules in color, with some added Line of Fire scenarios, then Yes. If you are okay with a download of the v4.1 rules and have the scenario from LoF already and don't mind having to use counters from Band of Heroes, then No.

We tried our best to support both old and new LnL fans. I hoped I have answered your question.

David

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruben Rigillo
Italy
Roma
Rm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wrote:

I think the question is: If you already own Band of Heroes and Swift and the Bold, do you really need to buy Heroes of Normandy? If you want all the updated stuff and consistent counters, such as new player aid cards that are tailored to Heroes of Normandy, plus the updated v4.1 rules and module rules in color, with some added Line of Fire scenarios, then Yes. If you are okay with a download of the v4.1 rules and have the scenario from LoF already and don't mind having to use counters from Band of Heroes, then No.

We tried our best to support both old and new LnL fans. I hoped I have answered your question.

David

We can't expect a fairer answer than this one from an editor!
Thanks David!!!!!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Heath
United States
Pueblo West
United States
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I should have posted this before.

Heroes of Normandy X-Maps and Battle Generator Now Available.

Heroes of Normandy X-Maps - http://store.lnlpublishing.com/Heroes-of-Normandy-X-Maps

Heroes of Normandy Battle Generator - http://store.lnlpublishing.com/Heroes-of-Normandy-Battle-Gen...

David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Hung
Hong Kong
Wan Chai
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi David, if I did not preorder the game, does it mean I have to purchase the game, the X-maps and the Battle Generator separately? And bundle sales at a discount available if I order them all three?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Heath
United States
Pueblo West
United States
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Lawrence,

There is no bundle discount at the moment but I will look into that. I would not expect this to happen for a bit.

David

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Hendrix
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
badge
Join us for gaming on Friday Nights in Burbank, CA www.FridayNightDice.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there anywhere I can find a video on a play example? Is this like ASL?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruben Rigillo
Italy
Roma
Rm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Less complex. Same fun. I play both regularly.
Don't know about videos.
As a major difference LnL has alternate impulses instead of IGOYGO.
Try it! It's a really good game!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This blog post highlights some of the systems used by way of an AAR. there are other associated articles on the same blog.

LINK - http://battlefieldswarriors.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/heroes-of...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin McCleary
United States
Huachuca City
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LNL Publishing wrote:
Hi Lawrence,

We have done a lot of work on updating and expanded player aid cards, scenarios and the manuals. The manuals are in full color with larger fonts and more examples of play making them easier to read and play with. We made sure that most of new materials such as the X-Maps and Battle Generator are available for any LnLT fan can order without needed to buy a new edition. The counter mix has been expanded so future expansions can be played with the new editions. The extra counters in this edition also works better with our Heroes of Normandy Battle Generator.

David

I apologize but I'm still a little confused.

Are the counters and associated values between the two versions (I have the 2nd Edition) the same?

If the answer is no would you consider offering an "upgrade bundle" consisting of counters, rules and charts for those who have the 2nd edition or earlier?

On a related topic: the version of the game series that deals with the Cold War in Europe (forgot the exact title, sorry) - any idea when that will be available?

thanks,
Martin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Heath
United States
Pueblo West
United States
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Lawrence

We did include the X-Maps for all the preorders. We did not include the Battle Generator.

For newer modules we mat very well do that but not at this time.

David

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Heath
United States
Pueblo West
United States
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Shawn,

Norman review is really good and detail and I would recommend it. Grogheads also did a great review of the Heroes of the Pacific game. You can find it at http://grogheads.com/?p=9320

We will be releasing tonight a Lock 'n Load Tactical Print and Play demo sometime tonight. It will have everything you need to play the latest edition of Lock 'n Load Tactical.

David

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Heath
United States
Pueblo West
United States
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Martin,

There were changes made to the counters and other things. We decided not to go with an upgrade bundle because of how we produce our games now.

David

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Heath
United States
Pueblo West
United States
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey,

If you received Heroes of Normandy please go rate it on BGG.

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/150005/lock-n-load-tacti...

Thanks

David

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Ehrensberger
United States
Montgomery
TX
flag msg tools
mb
I preordered but still have not received anything. What's going on with delivery?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Heath
United States
Pueblo West
United States
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Mark,

If you pre-order you should have it by now. Please open a support ticket on our site..

David

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.