Alien vs Predator: The Hunt Begins» Forums » Rules

Subject: Impenetrable armour value rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
S. B.
Spain
flag msg tools
I was wondering one thing:

If a smartgun marine opens fire on a Predator, the St 14 of the smartgun reduces the Predator's armour save value from 15 to 12 (which is impenetrable, therefore cannot be reduced further), even though it could be theoretically reduced up to 11.

However, if the marine player uses the Weak Spot strategy card (I think that was it's name), which reduces the armor save by an additional -4, does this modification apply?

Yeah, I know that if the weapon's St was 18, the target's armour save still couldn't be reduced beyond 12, but as it's a strategy card then it's wording could prevail over the general rules. What do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Harmer-Barnes
United Kingdom
Rainham
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Oooh, tough one.

My gut says that the card would over-ride the rules, as that's how cards tend to work in a pretty large variety of Ameritrash and Wargames. I could be wrong, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Wagner
Germany
Hamburg
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mb
I would say the armour value will still be 12. The card grants an additional modification but no modification may reduce the armour below the value in brackets.

But house ruling this might be good. Predator are OP anyway. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.