Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Julien Le Jeune
Belgium
Namur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey,

I'm confused on this one, could someone explain to me how he functions?

Where do you take the allies from? Buying 2 allies without condition seems very powerful..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gil Bellemare
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
AAAAAAAAAARRRRGGG!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the cards in front of me, if I remember the Hypnotist, it's the one that let you buy 2 allies in another players turn, no ?

Usually when you buy an ally from the other, you pay one pearl. then the players can buy the next one for 2 pearls, then 3 pearls. But you normally have only the right to buy once. With the hypnotist, you now have the right to buy twice !! You still have to pay the players the right amounts of pearls.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Le Jeune
Belgium
Namur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Takezo Qc wrote:
I don't have the cards in front of me, if I remember the Hypnotist, it's the one that let you buy 2 allies in another players turn, no ?

Yep, that's him

Takezo Qc wrote:
Usually when you buy an ally from the other, you pay one pearl. then the players can buy the next one for 2 pearls, then 3 pearls. But you normally have only the right to buy once. With the hypnotist, you now have the right to buy twice !! You still have to pay the players the right amounts of pearls.

You have the right to buy twice, so if you need to pay 2 pearls, you can pay 4 pearls and get two? Is that it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Désirée Greverud
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shoogoo wrote:
Takezo Qc wrote:

Yep, that's him

Takezo Qc wrote:

You have the right to buy twice, so if you need to pay 2 pearls, you can pay 4 pearls and get two? Is that it?
during the explore phase, once you buy an ally from someone, you can't buy any more. With the Hypnotist, you can buy another ally if you wish. So let's say Player A flips a 4 Squid that you want, so you pay 1 pearl for. Normally, you'd be skipped now. If the next flipped ally is a 5 Crab, you can't buy it, but another player can for 2. But if you have the Hypnotist, you can buy that 5 Crab for 2 pearls.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gil Bellemare
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
AAAAAAAAAARRRRGGG!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Desiree, You said it better than I could.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Le Jeune
Belgium
Namur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks I was in the process of reading both rulebook and I realize that I didn't fully understand the basic rules. It's all clear now!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan McBee
Malta
Hamrun
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Desiree, does the owner of the Hypnotist keep the same order s/he has in the bidding? For example:

Player A is flipping cards and must first offer them to player B, then C and D. Player B purchases the first card, spending one Pearl. Player B has the Hypnotist, meaning he can participate again, though he pays the now higher Pearl cost. Does he still get offered the card first, before C and D, now that he is using the Hypnotist's power?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Désirée Greverud
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
darkbear wrote:
Desiree, does the owner of the Hypnotist keep the same order s/he has in the bidding? For example:

Player A is flipping cards and must first offer them to player B, then C and D. Player B purchases the first card, spending one Pearl. Player B has the Hypnotist, meaning he can participate again, though he pays the now higher Pearl cost. Does he still get offered the card first, before C and D, now that he is using the Hypnotist's power?

I would assume so. The Hypnotist simply means you are removed from the chance to buy a revealed ally. No reason to suspect it would change the order of the offer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.