Subject: Pets! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
trevor

Missouri
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Latest update involves a whole new "small expansion" although it adds a whole lot!

Check it out : https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coolminiornot/arcadia-q...

Thoughts?!?!?!? I for one think it looks pretty cool, the tiles are beautiful
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt J
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was still on the fence with backing this (mostly because of the crappy Canadian dollar), but I am in with this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
Mostly made up of spare parts and sarcasm! ... HTTP Error 418 I'm a Teapot!
mbmb
the funiest part of this expansion is going to be taking a blowtotch to the mlp pet and posting it on brony boards..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M K
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm with @jourdo with the Canadian dollar hurting our wallets more than others on here.

Pet expansion seems good with new scenarios and monsters to fight!

I feel like the pet idea was borrowed from other games like SDE:FK or WoW. But who doesn't like pets right? cute little buggers that helps us with our quest to save Arcadia.

I am quite happy with this expansion and currently cutting down my Christmas present budget to fit this in...=P
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robbin van biljouw
Netherlands
den oever
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is allready VERY unbalanced, now even more.....

sorry no AQ for me. Allthough i must admitt it all looks very awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very cool idea, I added it immediately!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
Mind.

Blown.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Lauritsen
United States
Michigan City
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As someone that has a slight pet addiction in World of Warcraftblush, I love this. I do hate that I have to give them more money now though. hehe

It has the added benefit that it's going to make the game even more appealing to my kids.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
trevor

Missouri
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
robbin 1 wrote:

I've never really felt that, only having 4 campaigns total under my belt. I've kinda likened it to Marco Polo where it's unbalanced to the point where it's balanced. ("Oh your special ability is so OP" "No, yours is!" "No, yours is!")
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
trevor

Missouri
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Doomedfool wrote:
It has the added benefit that it's going to make the game even more appealing to me kids.

I agree, although it's kind of a tale of polar opposites.

"Here's some cute and cuddly pets kids! And here is another hero and a main villain with their boobs hanging out for all you prepubescents"!

Their target market is confusing, although I have played 2 campaigns with my boys, just had to remove half the female characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Defense
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bigGameGeek wrote:
Doomedfool wrote:
It has the added benefit that it's going to make the game even more appealing to me kids.

"Here's some cute and cuddly pets kids! And here is another hero and a main villain with their boobs hanging out for all you prepubescents"!

Their target market is confusing, although I have played 2 campaigns with my boys, just had to remove half the female characters.

Yeah, I really wish games like AQ and SDE would stop already with the objectification thing. It's as if 14-year-old boys are designing these games. (Maybe they are.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Idaho
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
robbydee wrote:
bigGameGeek wrote:
Doomedfool wrote:

Yeah, I really wish games like AQ and SDE would stop already with the objectification thing. It's as if 14-year-old boys are designing these games. (Maybe they are.)

They've always been ridiculous, but I feel like some of the sculpts are just stupidly over the top this time around. Not just the women, either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
United Kingdom
Leamington Spa
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Anyway - getting this thread back on track - I think this expansion looks awesome!

Definitely like how it adds a further dimension to the game. I wonder if they'll add any pets as SGs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Penrose
United States
Derby
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh the tears that will be shed by my daughter when her brother mercilessly kills her pet over and over again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustaf Stark
Sweden
Göteborg
Sverige
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bigGameGeek wrote:
Doomedfool wrote:

I think this answer is funny. You are having a hard time showing some half naked female characters with your boys but not about teaching them it's okay to kill each other. i just wonder where the moral in this is. i don't care who you play this game with or how i'm just curious.

Gustaf the wondering viking
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
simon rorke
South Africa
Sandton
Gauteng
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JJWonderboy wrote:
Anyway - getting this thread back on track - I think this expansion looks awesome!

Definitely like how it adds a further dimension to the game. I wonder if they'll add any pets as SGs.

I am just worried if it addes a unneeded rules complication to the game. I thought the strength of the game lies in the rather simple nature of the mechanics but with the pets the ratio of added rules vs added depth seems off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan
mbmbmbmbmb
I love those pets! Can make them custom pets in SDE!

Too bad you can't just get the pets but have to get a lot of monsters and even MORE heroes with them (which I don't want).
$50 is a bit on the steep side if you just want the pets ..

Wanted: dutch backers that want the heroes & monsters - but not the pets? cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig H
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Dinobots16 wrote:
I'm with @jourdo with the Canadian dollar hurting our wallets more than others on here.

Pet expansion seems good with new scenarios and monsters to fight!

I feel like the pet idea was borrowed from other games like SDE:FK or WoW. But who doesn't like pets right? cute little buggers that helps us with our quest to save Arcadia.

I am quite happy with this expansion and currently cutting down my Christmas present budget to fit this in...=P

Yeah, was reading the update thinking "but I just painted some pets...they aren't new...oh wait, that was SDE..."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
bigGameGeek wrote:

Actually the visual design of the game is extremely clear: it's chibi.

If you aren't familiar with chibi, it's a Japanese style. If you've seen anything from Japan, you should know that mixing sexy and cute is incredibly common there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
simon rorke
South Africa
Sandton
Gauteng
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dormammu wrote:
bigGameGeek wrote:

If you aren't familiar with chibi, it's a Japanese style. If you've seen anything from Japan, you should know that mixing sexy and cute is incredibly common there.

You'r right I will not rest till I have some tentacles enveloping my chibi miniatures!! Wait what are we talking about again?

Oh right pets. I will not rest till I have a octopus pet enveloping my chibi miniatures!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Theodore Martinovich
United States
Davidsonville
Maryland
flag msg tools
Hulk can see ghosts, breathe underwater, and survive a nuclear bomb.
badge
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCSE5I0Wp7c
mbmbmbmbmb
bigGameGeek wrote:
robbin 1 wrote:

I've never really felt that, only having 4 campaigns total under my belt. I've kinda likened it to Marco Polo where it's unbalanced to the point where it's balanced. ("Oh your special ability is so OP" "No, yours is!" "No, yours is!")

To be honest I never realy cared. Peter Olatka is famous for saying "Balance is for weenies." If I wanted balance I'd pay for an overpriced Sirlin game...

Edit: I'm not against balance.... but balance doesn't always equal fun... fun equals fun and this game is FUN! Just like Cosmic Encounter and not like Pandante...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig H
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Epic_Bubblesa wrote:
Dormammu wrote:
bigGameGeek wrote:

You'r right I will not rest till I have some tentacles enveloping my chibi miniatures!! Wait what are we talking about again?

Oh right pets. I will not rest till I have a octopus pet enveloping my chibi miniatures!!

LOL !!! (and I really did....)

You know..."we" seemed to get Sarya into the game - maybe it's time to try for this...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Defense
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bleadin wrote:
bigGameGeek wrote:
Doomedfool wrote:

I think this answer is funny. You are having a hard time showing some half naked female characters with your boys but not about teaching them it's okay to kill each other. i just wonder where the moral in this is. i don't care who you play this game with or how i'm just curious.

Over-the-top cartoon violence doesn't objectify women. Over-the-top cartoon boobs do. I wasn't necessarily aware of that distinction until my wife and daughter pointed it out. Then I saw it from their point of view.

Sorry for the threat hijack ... just answering the question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bapenrose wrote:
Oh the tears that will be shed by my daughter when her brother mercilessly kills her pet over and over again!

Yes, this for sure. My kids will murder me if I don't obtain this expansion. But the brawl that will happen every time with the death of a pet will be crazy. My son even looks at one of my daughter's stuffed animals and the fight is on... where will this end?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Macias
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
robbydee wrote:
Bleadin wrote:
bigGameGeek wrote:
Doomedfool wrote:

Over-the-top cartoon violence doesn't objectify women. Over-the-top cartoon boobs do. I wasn't necessarily aware of that distinction until my wife and daughter pointed it out. Then I saw it from their point of view.

Sorry for the threat hijack ... just answering the question.

Right, over-the-top cartoon violence is ok and over-the-top cartoon boobs are not. Got it thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.