Glenn Drover
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I was reading an article recently on games that have become 'Holy Grail' type games and are extremely hard to find intact and sell for multiples of their original asking price.

It got me to wondering about what Victory & Glory will be worth on the secondary market in a year or three.

There are a few factors that make me think that it could possibly reach that status quickly:
1) Underserved market for well-designed Napoleonic Strategy games
2) Super-high-quality components and unique Napoleonic meeples
3) Its predecessor, Napoleon in Europe, which was a beautiful, but flawed game with components that are not as nice as those found in V&G:N had one print run of 5,000 copies. After it sold out, prices in the secondary market were regularly $150 - $200 for a $60 game.
Victory & Glory will only have a single print run of approximately 1,000 copies, which will make it quite scarce.

I wonder what this game will be selling for in a couple of years on the secondary market? I usually stash away a few copies of games I design for gifts and just to have. I'm thinking that I might need to keep more than a couple of these. ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex N
United States
Metuchen
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you reduce your print run to only 500 your stashed copies will pay your retirement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven R
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Budley wrote:
I was reading an article recently on games that have become 'Holy Grail' type games and are extremely hard to find intact and sell for multiples of their original asking price.

It got me to wondering about what Victory & Glory will be worth on the secondary market in a year or three.

There are a few factors that make me think that it could possibly reach that status quickly:
1) Underserved market for well-designed Napoleonic Strategy games
2) Super-high-quality components and unique Napoleonic meeples
3) Its predecessor, Napoleon in Europe, which was a beautiful, but flawed game with components that are not as nice as those found in V&G:N had one print run of 5,000 copies. After it sold out, prices in the secondary market were regularly $150 - $200 for a $60 game.
Victory & Glory will only have a single print run of approximately 1,000 copies, which will make it quite scarce.

I wonder what this game will be selling for in a couple of years on the secondary market? I usually stash away a few copies of games I design for gifts and just to have. I'm thinking that I might need to keep more than a couple of these. ;-)

Indeed. Just like Napoleon's Triumph or Bonaparte at Marengo is at the tactical scale...this will be the Grand Strategic collector's choice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Harrop
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
swr66 wrote:

Indeed. Just like Napoleon's Triumph or Bonaparte at Marengo is at the tactical scale...this will be the Grand Strategic collector's choice.

I'm sure Bowen appreciates the complement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.