Popular Tags: [View All]
Jacob Mercer
United States
Montgomery
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hey guys,

I just got the two core sets and have been debating the whole poker chip as XP idea, until I noticed that this expansion actually includes poker chip counters.

To anyone who owns the expansion, or just knows the answer, what kind of counters are all included here? Is it just 1 set of poker chips? Or is there two sets of counters that can easily be used as both XP and Money? Looking at the unboxing video, it looks like you'd still have to choose whether you use the chips for money or XP, but that you couldn't really do both. Am I correct in that?

What other non-tile components are included in the cardboard sheets?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave S
United States
Pleasant Grove
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's one set of chips. I really like them. I use them for Xp and a set of plastic gems for money. You could use them for either, but probably not both at the same time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Groff-Folsom
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Cynder poker chips work better for XP than for money.

I cannot recommend Klutz's PrinterStudio dollars highly enough:
http://www.printerstudio.com/sell/sell_render_design.aspx?ty...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Mercer
United States
Montgomery
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Dave41fan wrote:
The Cynder poker chips work better for XP than for money.

I cannot recommend Klutz's PrinterStudio dollars highly enough:
http://www.printerstudio.com/sell/sell_render_design.aspx?ty...

Are these the exact size of the other cards in the game, or is their slight variations? What about thickness? These look awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Groff-Folsom
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They are either exactly the same size, or very very close. As for thickness, they are more like a standard deck of playing cards than typical FFP stock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark T
United States
Southern MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can understand the fun of having something physical with which to track money and xp, but I have found tracking those things with pen and paper to be a lot easier and quicker for me.

I tried one game with paper money and poker chips for xp (granted the chips were unmarked) and I was often forgot how much xp each color chip was worth. There also seemed to be a fair bit of time wasted in making change for either money or XP. I finally decided it would be much easier to just track it all on a piece of paper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.