23 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: Any official word on 2015 Black friday availability? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan the Mysterious
msg tools
mb

I've been seeing people posting tidbits suggesting Poots will have something to sell on black friday (2015). Is this conjecture or has he actually mentioned this as fact?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien M
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No official news. He's been doing special things on Black Friday every year since the kickstarter launch, so I don't see why this year would be much different. Especially since the game is now officially in people's hands.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
The base game in the store says it will be available for order again on black friday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm hoping we can get the expansions on BF.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lonny x
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
cormor321 wrote:
The base game in the store says it will be available for order again on black friday.

Didn't notice that. Nice catch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Gilbank
Canada
Markham
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
malkaven wrote:
cormor321 wrote:

Well that alevates my concern that they had oversold the preorders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dyne1319 wrote:
malkaven wrote:
cormor321 wrote:

Well that alevates my concern that they had oversold the preorders.

Please explain. Do you mean alleviate or elevate?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sion Zris
Germany
Düsseldorf
NRW
flag msg tools
mb
Since elevate wouldn't make sense if availability rises...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Still no news on what's going to be available on BF. Does Poots usually just open stuff up on his website that morning without first announcing what is going to be available?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dorktron2000 wrote:
Still no news on what's going to be available on BF. Does Poots usually just open stuff up on his website that morning without first announcing what is going to be available?

Yep. They will email blast their mailing list once the sale is live. Otherwise they don't really advertise anything ever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
dorktron2000 wrote:

I'd be less concerned with what they sell and more concerned with when/if they ship you what you buy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Carr
United States
Ruckersville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I am excited to see what appears... hoping for expansion preorder... that said, I have TONS of play to get out the core game before I am even remotely 'bored'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Leech
England
flag msg tools
My guess would be no pre order of expansions.

These aren't planned to go out to KS backers until Q1, if they open up pre orders people will buy them, but....

People only have so much expendable income.

I think they will offer the other wave 1 bits not currently available eg the pintos from the KS, skull bases, maybe a new model. People will spend money on these things.

Poots can then open up pre orders for expansions at another point in time and get more money from us then when they are freshly put on the site. If they offer pinups and expansions at once people will not spend as much as if they are done over 2 waves. The pin ups etc are released so ready, the expansions are not.

Just my thoughts.

On another note, anyone know what time the email usually goes out? I think it's nidnight New York time as I caught theHalloween one in theUak about 6am when I woke up.

I do not want to miss out on whatever is being sold!

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, it'll be interesting to see. I think Poots would be smart to strike while the iron is hot and put those expansions up for Black Friday while KDM is so popular and getting great reviews. I don't see fulfillment date until early 2016 too but there is no reason for him not to try to capitalize on the biggest consumer day in America while he can. I, for one, am ready to throw heaps of money at him for the expansions even though I just spent $300 on the core game, so I'm sure there are many more in the same boat.

Just my 2c.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sam newman

doncaster
south yorkshire
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
a smart move would be to put up just 2 expansions

basically one wanted expansion like the festival and 1 not so wanted like the lion god.

people will buy both even though they probably wouldnt have had all of them been released.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That...might have been the most disappointing BF sale I've ever seen. WTF was that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
dorktron2000 wrote:
That...might have been the most disappointing BF sale I've ever seen. WTF was that.

They are still getting it up and running....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin P
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've been around for everything that went up so far but have only bought the Flower Knight, Illuminated Lady and Naked Promo Collection.

I almost got the resin Phoenix and Survivors but I already have two Phoenix and really didn't feel like putting together a third.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It doesn't appear like expansion pre-orders are happening. A shame. I'm not interested in resin minis or naked sprues. Going to bed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Meenachan
United States
Delray Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
KILLER QUEEN: BITES THE DUST!
badge
ShaRog Master Race
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, disappointing. On the bright side, I was happy to finally get the Illuminated Lady, but the Twilight Witch sold out while I was putting it in my cart. Mind you, this was at 12:07. I also picked up Paul as an impulse buy...he wasn't in the Kickstarter campaign, right?

Anyways, I was really hoping for something special with this sale, but it was just...meh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien M
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They're selling expansion armor kits but no expansions. Odd.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin P
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Those of you that missed out on something you wanted may want to keep refreshing. Stuff is popping up again that already sold out.

Flower Knight is up again.

I'm not surprised they're not selling the expansions. An update went out saying that Wave 3 shipping still has no date. So until he knows when the backers are going to get there's I don't think he'll offer the expansions for preorder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep. Refresh refresh refresh. They've had at least 2 dozen different things go up in the last 40 minutes.

I'm disappointed not to see the expansions. I was ready to drop 400 bucks or more to buy everything. But I'm happy to see the promo bundle. I didn't buy any of that stuff in the KS and now that there's game play material for it, I'm stoked to be able to pick them up at a real reasonable price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.