Mark De Lorenzo
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ecto-1 Ghostbusters Cartoon Car "The Real Ghostbusters" Hot Wheels 2015 Retro Series 1/64 Die Cast Vehicle

Found on Amazon.. $13.19 Prime!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VonMeister
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep - I bought that mofo about a week ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beau Schultz
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought one as well when I got my game. It fits better ti scale than the included Ecto, as well as does no require paint. Its only downside i that the fact it rolls can make it want to squirm out of its square a tick, which is only slightly annoying since it is a bit bigger than the two squares it can be tad ambiguous which squares it occupies, but still worthwhile to use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
mbmbmbmbmb
Fenton wrote:
Its only downside i that the fact it rolls can make it want to squirm out of its square a tick,
That's what Super Glue is for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beau Schultz
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been thinking about, but even though I am by no means a toy collector, I have not been able to get myself to do it yet, for some reason.

I was pumped to discover that it will nicely fit in the "well" under the stat/scenario cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mataio Wilson
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
This is pretty rad. If someone has this for their game, please post a photo !

Mataio Wilson
Lead Design, Ghostbusters: The Board Game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark De Lorenzo
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HiMataio wrote:

Mataio Wilson

My Kickstarter copy is arriving tomorrow. Will post a snapshot with the Hot Wheels car.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Smith
New Zealand
Wellington
--------------
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

This version is of course, from the Real Ghostbusters cartoon, whereas I think the GB board game mini and card picture is based on the Ecto 1 from the original movie. Some differences in configuration.

From memory, Hot Wheels did also do a model of the original version. Has anybody teamed that up with the board game? I wonder how it goes for size ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone ..................
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EnjoyRC wrote:
HiMataio wrote:

Mataio Wilson

My Kickstarter copy is arriving tomorrow. Will post a snapshot with the Hot Wheels car.

Could you also take a picture and post it of the Hot Wheels car side by side with the car from the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Vinyard
United States
Las Cruces
NM
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
smithnewz wrote:

This version is of course, from the Real Ghostbusters cartoon, whereas I think the GB board game mini and card picture is based on the Ecto 1 from the original movie. Some differences in configuration.

From memory, Hot Wheels did also do a model of the original version. Has anybody teamed that up with the board game? I wonder how it goes for size ...

It's a 1:43 scale. When I get my copy I'll post pics as I have the 1:64 scale as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Smith
New Zealand
Wellington
--------------
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Quote:
It's a 1:43 scale. When I get my copy I'll post pics as I have the 1:64 scale as well.

They definitely did 1:64 in the original Ecto-1 as well ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beau Schultz
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Ecto 1 that is included with the game is definitely looking much more like the animated version tan the straight version. I would argue that it is almost a dead ringer for the animated Hotwheels version, and is the one to pick up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Smith
New Zealand
Wellington
--------------
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Fenton wrote:
The Ecto 1 that is included with the game is definitely looking much more like the animated version tan the straight version. I would argue that it is almost a dead ringer for the animated Hotwheels version, and is the one to pick up.

The Hot Wheels New Ghostbusters/cartoon version lacks the ladder down one side and the pipes down the other that the original had - and the boardgame mini and card both have.

But it does look more 'squashed up' than the Hot Wheels original version, so it might well fit better ... Any of them will look cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Vinyard
United States
Las Cruces
NM
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I almost forgot to post a pic.

Here are both the 1:64 and 1:43 together in a game.

The 1:64 is a bit longer than two squares, but the wheels fit nicely. So just use the wheel placement as the guide for determining which squares the Ecto is in.

As you can see in the pic, the 1:43 is almost perfect in comparison to the off-board tile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.