1 Posts

Origins of World War II» Forums » Rules

Subject: 2 Player rules: ignoring Natl Objectives, scoring, ties rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Li'l Ronnie Post
United States
flag msg tools
Just finished our first game of this in two-player mode and are looking forward to trying it with more. In the meantime, I have three questions.

1) In the two-player variant, the rules say that your allies' National Objectives Charts are ignored - but then goes on to say you must play that country "normally".

Does this mean that Control markers may be placed in areas where that country normally could not place them, or does it simply mean that you may ignore that countries best interests and use it to further your goals rather than its own?

We assumed the former (what other aspect of the Objectives Charts can be ignored?), but weren't completely certain.

2) At least in the two player game, it seemed that there was no reason for an ally to ever place Understanding markers - unless the unplayed countries are also scored at the end of the game. We only scored our countries (France & Germany), but I could see how it might make things more interesting if you played your allies to win. Even if you couldn't win, I suppose you might be able to keep your opponent from winning!
Does anyone know if unplayed countries are scored or not at end of game?

3) Finally, is there a tie breaker? We couldn't find mention of one, but it was late...

PS - France eked out a tie by negotiating an understanding in Poland as her ally Russia denied the Germans their own understanding in that country in the last turn. Interesting game!
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.