Doomtown: Reloaded» Forums » Rules

Subject: Unofficial FAQ updated with rulings for Dirty Deeds rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mplain
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Check out the Collected Rulings, the rules question you're about to ask is probably already there! If not, let me know

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
So it goes.
United States
Shillington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.
badge
"You wouldn't worry half as much about what other people thought of you if you realized how rarely they actually did."
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm curious as to why the Extra Bet has to trigger before Worldly Desires. I would've though that the controller of both abilities could choose the order they resolve since they seem to trigger off of the same instance at the same time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
So it goes.
United States
Shillington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.
badge
"You wouldn't worry half as much about what other people thought of you if you realized how rarely they actually did."
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd also love to ask someone on design why they even bothered with Testing Range since it doesn't work with so many of the "don't pull a club" abilities.

Dudes hit with Rabbit Takes Revenge can't be saved by Arnold? Most of these rulings make sense even if I don't really like them, but Arnold's ability says WHEN a dude is discarded as a casualty... I would think that if a dude is already in the process of being discarded he has already left the shootout and no longer constrained by the effects of RtR.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mplain
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmb
troybowers wrote:
I'm curious as to why the Extra Bet has to trigger before Worldly Desires. I would've though that the controller of both abilities could choose the order they resolve since they seem to trigger off of the same instance at the same time.

It has been ruled previously that if an ability creates a lingering effect that waits for something to happen, it triggers at trait speed, before reacts.
The Extra Bet is a react to putting ghost rock onto the ante, and it creates a lingering effect that triggers when you draw your lowball hand. When you do so, traits resolve first, and reacts after that.

troybowers wrote:
I'd also love to ask someone on design why they even bothered with Testing Range since it doesn't work with so many of the "don't pull a club" abilities.

Well, it doesn't work with two cards, Elander Boldman and Miasmatic Purifier. And it works with four others. I just wish it was startable =_=

troybowers wrote:
Dudes hit with Rabbit Takes Revenge can't be saved by Arnold? Most of these rulings make sense even if I don't really like them, but Arnold's ability says WHEN a dude is discarded as a casualty... I would think that if a dude is already in the process of being discarded he has already left the shootout and no longer constrained by the effects of RtR.

Hmm, you have a point. I was thinking in the context of old timing rules, back then a dude would go home booted straight from the shootout. Under ther new timing rules... I don't know. I don't understand how 'save' effects work now. I guess we'll have to wait for an answer to this question first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
So it goes.
United States
Shillington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it just 2 cards that don't work with Testing Range? I could've sworn there was another, but now I can't think of what it could be so I guess I was wrong. The fact that Elander doesn't work with it is the most annoying. As a reasonable choice for your starting posse his ability is the one that you will be pulling for most often if you choose to start him. And yeah, Testing Range seemed like the perfect deed for Morgan to be able to add to their starting posse. I could overlook the fact that it doesn't work with Elander or Purifier if I could start it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.