Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Extrablatt» Forums » General

Subject: Setting up the fax-plan: What if all the clocks come out immediately? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruce Linsey
United States
Hudson
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
In the initial setup, you turn up 15 of the 35 starting cards, of which 5 are clocks. So it's possible though unlikely that all 5 clocks will come out at the beginning. Since each clock drawn advances the clock an hour, this means the game would start at 5 o'clock. That's in the blue (20) clock zone, so in such a game there would be no 10-value stories. Is this correct, or am I missing something?

If this is the case, it seems to me one might want to houserule the setup so that this doesn't happen (i.e. so that the clock spends some time at yellow, and there could be some 10s placed before the clock turns blue).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
That's correct as far as I know. I don't see a problem with no 10s being played in a few games. I'm not what you could do for a house rule except bury the 5th clock and redraw.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Linsey
United States
Hudson
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We ended up houseruling it last night that any clocks drawn beyond two would be mixed back in. But there were only two in the draw anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Linsey
United States
Hudson
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'd even be happy houseruling it so that the initial 15 tiles include no clocks…just aesthetically, it would be nice to have the game last all 12 hours even though its actual length wouldn't be impacted. I think I'll try that next time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.