Shadows of Brimstone: City of the Ancients» Forums » General

Subject: Painted Core Sets rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anders Petersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmb
Wave 1.5 is approaching and with it, lots of new content for the backers of Brimstone.

As I finally finished all my miniatures (painting and basing) I wanted to give them a display before taking on all the new content the next wave will bring.

First we see the Heroes of Brimstone. The picture does not do the miniature justice, but as a newbie painter I am pretty satisfied.

Who will dare venture into the Mines and possibly beyond the Void?

Next up we have a battle going on. No one goes into the Mines, plundering Darkstone without getting noticed.
Tentacles everywhere!!! Careful or they will smash you.

Well so far so good. The bag is filled with Darkstone, but the commotion have attracted other dangers!
The Stranglers are upon the Heroes. Don't get to close!!!

Now things are getting interesting. A posse ventures into the Swamps of Death. So far none have escaped. Will they fare any different?
Luck is seldom on ones side when you thread trough the murky water. Zombies everywhere!

Not all Heroes escape the clutches of the dead. However dealing with one horror usually means more trouble along the road. The Heroes won't have to travel far to encounter, the mighty Slashers!

Think it's all over? Think again. The bog is a perilous place filled with dangerous fumes and poisonous monsters. Take for instance the Hellbats! Just like real bats, a bite can mean infection and eventually Death!

No one should venture into the Swamps. There is a reason this place is called the Swamps of Death. For none will prevail against the might of the Harbinger. A Demon of certain doom. It is probably time for the last rite.

Another place some Heroes venture is the cold ancient City of the Ancients.
One can find numerous riches here but also dangerous enemies. Like those of the Night Terror. A horrible demon best avoided.

Even indoors aren't safe! One can quickly be overcome by the Void Spiders! Small skitters, normally harmless individually. The trouble is, these creatures always travel in packs of minimum 3 and will do everything to ensnare their prey! Keep the finger on that trigger.

Few mortals can stand before the might of the Goliath! A Hulking Monsters which can and will kill you. There is no escape for the mass of tentacles bursting from it's mouth!

It's been a few months since my last play through of this game. Not that I am bored of this game, far from it. Simply, I'm psyched about all the content to come.
I look forward to painting all the new content, seeing people posting pictures and of course lots of adventures against the Shadows of Brimstone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adria D
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those look great! They'll definitely liven up the game.

As a fellow newbie painter, SoB is my first go at painting a game too. The end of the painting is finally in sight, so hopefully I'll be able to share photos soon too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Buman
United States
Harlan
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great job on the bases! I like how you made some to match the mines and some to match the other worlds. Very thematic. I also like the the small bits you added to the heroes bases. Pretty cool thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.