Hide
6 Posts

Flick 'em Up!» Forums » Rules

Subject: Flicking the shooter when shooting rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
old account
msg tools
I have been teaching the game to new people and every time we have had a situation where someone flicks and knocks the shooter while shooting.

What do you think should be done?
1. shooter looses the action and every thing is brought back as it was (and no hits count)
2. the shooter stands up and game goes on
3. the shooter stays down and looses a heart
4. the shooter stays down but does not loose anything (I think this is a unfair move)
5. some other penalty?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Davis
United States
Sewickley
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
#2. I think I read that that was the official answer somewhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark De Lorenzo
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That was some powerful recoil on that 6 shooter. Wow. Knocked me right off my feet. Gonna stand up, brush off the dirt. Keep going.

ndfleu wrote:
I have been teaching the game to new people and every time we have had a situation where someone flicks and knocks the shooter while shooting.

What do you think should be done?
1. shooter looses the action and every thing is brought back as it was (and no hits count)
2. the shooter stands up and game goes on
3. the shooter stays down and looses a heart
4. the shooter stays down but does not loose anything (I think this is a unfair move)
5. some other penalty?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
old account
msg tools
This is how I have handled the situation so far. I like the recoil angle.

I was just wondering weather to give a penalty for shooting carelessly. Since the shot is not aimed well, maybe the bulled just hit the opponent's pocket watch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sherlock
United States
Anaheim Hills
California
flag msg tools
badge
Admin @ www.cigargeeks.com
mbmbmbmbmb
6. Everyone laughs at the shooter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Fitzmaurice
United Kingdom
Cambridge
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We currently go for number 1...stops people making a mess of the play area and stops silly attempts at unfeasibly strange angle shots that really require you to blat your guy when an action moving would solve the problem
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.