9 Posts

T.I.M.E Stories» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rules for Locations Requiring Full Party - No Spoilers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Frendahl
msg tools
mbmb
Hi, I have a quick rules question that came up in our game from yesterday. If a location requires the whole party to be present, but one of the players is dead, are the remaining alive players allowed to reveal the card for themselves, or should they "do nothing" until the dead player rejoins the group? We played where the three players alive had to do nothing for 7 turns until the dead player came back which, obviously, used up a ton of extra time. Thanks in advance for clarification!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cochran
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
I have no official answer, but based on the fact that the player is still "in" the game and can continue to be part of discussions with the party and that they can use the items and tokens of a dead receptacle while it's offline, I would assume that all living receptacles would count as "the entire party" being at the location.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Poulpe
France
flag msg tools
publisher
mb
Correct. The "dead" member is still here, waiting for the machine to restore his/her receptacle. The whole party means the whole party of active agents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walts
Scotland
Kilwinning
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As the rules state, when you die, your main pawn is removed from the
board and the small pawn is placed on the time track, so your no longer
part of the party? ... Walts

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Voshall
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In terms of Fluff, the way I see is is that a character that takes damage is basically 'desynced' from the Recepticle - they're still there, but they're unable to influence how the recepticle behaves until the system reboots.

Rules wise, there are two ways of looking at it, which both give the same answer:

1) The character is still with the group, but unable to participate (due to the fluff noted above)
or
2) The character is considered to be part of the group.

In either case, it means that the group can move ahead normally, with all remaining members of the group entering the new space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
giorgos karavidas
Greece
LARISA & ATHENS
GREECE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
my question is this....

if an agent is on a card that has an event/character that tells him to go to another card in the panorama that is hidden (its back illustrates an token and is brown), do you take the pawn of the agent and set it above the hidden card and spent another TU for the move? in some cases the First card tells that you can take the token/item immediately so i think that you dont move the pawn and spent TU.

if the card demands the presence of all agents, do i take the pawnw of alls agents and set them above the hidden card and spent another TU for the move?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ALeX
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
@giorgos: Please do not post the same question in multiple threads.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DominiGeek
Dominican Republic
Santo Domingo
D.N.
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
giorgoskaravidas wrote:
my question is this....

if an agent is on a card that has an event/character that tells him to go to another card in the panorama that is hidden (its back illustrates an token and is brown), do you take the pawn of the agent and set it above the hidden card and spent another TU for the move? in some cases the First card tells that you can take the token/item immediately so i think that you dont move the pawn and spent TU.

Played the game today for the first time. This situation arose. Please someone point me where the answer is.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesc Lopez
United States
West Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
Just a geek, nothing to see here, move along
mbmbmbmbmb
rubendario5 wrote:
giorgoskaravidas wrote:
my question is this....

Played the game today for the first time. This situation arose. Please someone point me where the answer is.

Thanks.

Check the manual for the word "revealing"
Quote:
Revealing
When a reference is made to a sealed card that you can immediately
reveal at the same location, you don’t take the corresponding state token;
instead the card in question replaces the one where you are. In practice, it
overwrites the previous card.

This is the thread:
https://boardgamegeek.com/article/21159687#21159687
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.