Popular Tags: cards [+] [View All]
Zack Boatman
United States
Tesuque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did Chessex ever produce curved card holders? Do they still make them if they did? I didn't see them on their website, but I might be mistaken about which company made them.
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
I've really gotten to where I like the card holders in Memoir '44 and Battlelore. I wish there was a place to just buy some of those. They're great for some of the card driven wargames like For The People and Here I Stand. I just hate having to drag out my Memoir '44 stuff all the time when I want to use them for some other game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Holzgrafe
United States
Happy Valley
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"the understandably frightening and chimeric semicolon" -- HiveGod
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, they did -- we have a set. I think they still do, but they aren't always in stock (we ask at the booth at every con) and I've never seen them on the Web site. They come (or came) in three sizes. They're very cool -- if you can get them. We'd like to get some more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Kaiser
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a source for a wooden card holder. It's not the best since the bottom of the card is covered. I'd prefer something like the Memoir '44 card holders. If you have any woodworking skill at all, making something like that would be a snap. You might even be able to make a set that could accomidate cards or tiles which might be nice for a few games.

http://www.greathallgames.com/acards/acrdAcc.htm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Kinsey
United States
Lancaster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't know how these would work, but I'm thinking of picking some up for this very use...

http://service.maddak.com/catalog/712524015.html
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Kaiser
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BDKWombat wrote:
Don't know how these would work, but I'm thinking of picking some up for this very use...

http://service.maddak.com/catalog/712524015.html

Those are nice. The clear plastic makes it work well with cards with lots of text on them. At $21 for 4 that's not too bad at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
alkaiser wrote:
Here's a source for a wooden card holder. It's not the best since the bottom of the card is covered. I'd prefer something like the Memoir '44 card holders.

That's the very reason why I like the card holders Days of Wonder puts in with Memoir and Battlelore. You can see the bottom of the cards. If I ever get a chance to buy a trashed copy of Memoir '44 cheap I would do it if for no other reason than to get another set of those card holders. I have a box I use to hold my gaming accessories. In it I have 4 Koplow dice trays (those are great!), two boxes of varied six sided dice sets from Chessex (everyone gets their own colored dice when they play games with me) and Chessex stones (for when games come with stupid money tokens). I just want some card holders I can toss in their as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turner
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mrbeankc wrote:
I've really gotten to where I like the card holders in Memoir '44 and Battlelore. I wish there was a place to just buy some of those. They're great for some of the card driven wargames like For The People and Here I Stand. I just hate having to drag out my Memoir '44 stuff all the time when I want to use them for some other game.

I agree. I also started using my BL card holders for other games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roderick Schertler
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BDKWombat wrote:

Thanks for the pointer. I just ordered a set (4) of the 15 inch ones. Most of the web sites listed on the manufacturer's web site don't carry these (a few have the 10 inch ones), but they were at http://www.allegromedical.com/playing-card-holder-215168.htm.... The cost was not as good as listed on the manufacture's site ($28 + $9 shipping). I'll let you know how they look when I get them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.