Popular Tags: [View All]
Jakub Kircun
United States
Woods Hole
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since Oil points used for Blitz actions are those saved-up from a previous turn's "Turn End Activities", how many Oil-points are available for the different Major Powers during turn one? The setup cards display each power's at-start oil & resources; are those considered to have all been saved-up from the previous turn (i.e. before the start of the game)? For examples the Axis show an at-start level of 1 oil and 3 resources. Would an extra 1 oil and 3 resources be added to those during turn one's Turn End Activities phase?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Stueber
United States
Vernon Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
I am the Sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf.
badge
BRAINS????
mbmbmbmbmb
Per page 17 in rule 1.11 Germany is the only country that has any oil saved up. They start the game with 1 oil point. Every other country starts at 0.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave LeLacheur
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
BooBoo130 wrote:
Per page 17 in rule 1.11 Germany is the only country that has any oil saved up. They start the game with 1 oil point. Every other country starts at 0.

This is correct, thanks Dan. For any Scenario, the set-up card will show saved Oil (if any, usually it is none.)

Cheers,
Dave L.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim F
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Who knew trench warfare could be such fun?
badge
Ashwin in front of Tiger 131
mbmbmbmbmb

Actually the term 'Saved Oil' isn't used on any of the set up cards and I think that is the reason for some of the confusion.

The term used on the Germany set up card is 'At Start' and mentions 1 oil and 3 resources, plus 1 resource for Italy. This is repeated on the AFA and USSR set up cards.

Someone cross referencing with 1.11 would easily be confused, as I was.

I really, really like this game from what I have played of it so far but there is a looseness to the rules that makes the learning curve steeper than it needs to be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.