Recommend
10 
 Thumb up
 Hide
30 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Perdition's Mouth: Abyssal Rift» Forums » General

Subject: Time to cancel the KS and relaunch later? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ondrej Kocnar
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This KS is comparatively unsuccessful
or at least much less successful than I think it could be.

Should not the creators contemplate cancelling it now, think about improving it and relaunch later on more favourable date?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
okocnar wrote:
This KS is comparatively unsuccessful
or at least much less successful than I think it could be.

Should not the creators contemplate cancelling it now, think about improving it and relaunch later on more favourable date?


Oh, but we have contemplated. And yet we still see that we should not do so.

We are aware that some other time could be better, but sadly I can't every month off the work to make games for you. There is time and place for everything. Time and place for Perdition's Mouth is now.

So we'll kindly invite you to help us to promote the campaign.
33 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ondrej Kocnar
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks,
I already did some promotion in (small) Czech boardgaming community.
13 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
okocnar wrote:
Thanks,
I already did some promotion in (small) Czech boardgaming community.


We appreciate that a lot. And knowing the many quality games that from Czech, you should have considerable board gaming community.
17 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ondrej Kocnar
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eridis wrote:
okocnar wrote:
Thanks,
I already did some promotion in (small) Czech boardgaming community.


We appreciate that a lot. And knowing the many quality games that from Czech, you should have considerable board gaming community.


True the community is probably disproportionally developed, but we are still very small nation (even basically counting Slovaks into same community).
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
okocnar wrote:
Eridis wrote:
okocnar wrote:
Thanks,
I already did some promotion in (small) Czech boardgaming community.


We appreciate that a lot. And knowing the many quality games that from Czech, you should have considerable board gaming community.


True the community is probably disproportionally developed, but we are still very small nation (even basically counting Slovaks into same community).


Well. Think of Finland. We've 5.5M inhabitants and majority of them do not think as board gaming as viable hobby. Yes, there is some education to be done
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
badge
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Timo, the exact same thing happened to us with Gloom of Kilforth: A Fantasy Quest Game - we didn't hit target straight away but we were tracking to hit it the whole time and you are too. Don't be disheartened by doubts, you will smash it come the end, and once gamers see it's 100% funded there will be a big pile-on for those stretchies! cool
36 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ninjadorg wrote:
Timo, the exact same thing happened to us with Gloom of Kilforth: A Fantasy Quest Game - we didn't hit target straight away but we were tracking to hit it the whole time and you are too. Don't be disheartened by doubts, you will smash it come the end, and once gamers see it's 100% funded there will be a big pile-on for those stretchies! cool


Thanks Tristan, I remember the struggle of Kilforth and I think it served as a good lesson for patience. It was very positive to get your messages full of enthusiasm, every day. That is where we need to 'copycat' you
17 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaud Dejardin
France
Ferrère-La-Grande
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's try until the end! Forfeiting before then end would not make much sense...
16 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Archange227 wrote:
Let's try until the end! Forfeiting before then end would not make much sense...


That is very true and my thoughts precisely.
13 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Archange227 wrote:
Let's try until the end! Forfeiting before then end would not make much sense...


This is the way I look at it, which is why I'm helping these guys out as much as I can with editing and graphics for the campaign in my spare time

It's a great game, a great company, and a the campaign is picking up steam. I think some people will be bothered by the fact that it wasn't "wildly" successful like some big games, but remember that most KS campaigns don't blow up and get 1000% funded!

Even without a ton of stretch goals PM has shaped up to be a nice package and plenty of game.

Plus, don't count it out yet, as there are more announcements and exciting things to come very soon. As I always say, stay tuned!
16 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Archange227 wrote:
Let's try until the end! Forfeiting before then end would not make much sense...

I totally agree!
There's a lot of time left. We'll definitely have this game funded before the time runs out.
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, I'd stick with it. I was there for Tristan's game too and watched the rather unusual progression that ended extremely well. I have high hopes the same will happen here.

There's this odd KS opinion that if it doesn't fund in the first few days then it's a failure. There's plenty of games that didn't make it until the end. One of the reasons I'm not a huge fan of stretch goals since people think they have to have them or the game isn't complete. Sometimes I think you shouldn't show any until funding is made and then only one or two at a time. Otherwise people get depressed about missing out.
22 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nappen the Wargamer Dad

Tacoma
Washington
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I am in and staying around. This will complement my other games with a different mechanic...besides, I want the Pandemonium cross promotion and witch's expansion sounds good.
15 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Waxman

Falcon Heights
Minnesota
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in it until we win it! Kicktraq estimates 93 K and i believe it. Keep on promoting and we'll get there!
12 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Benwax123 wrote:
I'm in it until we win it! Kicktraq estimates 93 K and i believe it. Keep on promoting and we'll get there!


We'll keep on going, don't worry.

And we'll have still plenty of good things to come. I'm not worried.
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul T
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
https://www.youtube.com/c/Catweazle00
badge
CatWeazle
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hadn't seen this. Looking at it I definitely think it's worth a nudge. I'm in.

I reckon it'll make it.
12 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Withywindle wrote:
Hadn't seen this. Looking at it I definitely think it's worth a nudge. I'm in.

I reckon it'll make it.


It will make it, we just all need to do a bit of promotion. But it's worth of efforts, I can assure you.
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Waxman

Falcon Heights
Minnesota
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Got hyped on Zombicide and spent oodles only to sell the game when i realized it was a weak game with good advertising.

I think this game is a jewel in the rough and deserves our support!
14 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Benwax123 wrote:
Got hyped on Zombicide and spent oodles only to sell the game when i realized it was a weak game with good advertising.

I think this game is a jewel in the rough and deserves our support!


Thanks. Very much my sentiments, but I might be slightly biased
12 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Bloos
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm as greedy as the average backer (especially if it comes to miniatures) but if the game itself looks this promising and innovative I don't care about exclusives, more content, artwork etc. I just want to play!
The game will be funded, I'm absolutely sure; maybe without reaching all the stretch goals, but they are just nice-to-get, not must-have to enjoy the game.
Maybe a relaunch would produce more money, but it would destroy the scheduling and I love the way Tim sticks to his plans. I have to live with KS delays but I absolutely don't like them; "don't promise anything you can't keep" should every creator know by heart before starting a KS.
8 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Migimaus wrote:
I'm as greedy as the average backer (especially if it comes to miniatures) but if the game itself looks this promising and innovative I don't care about exclusives, more content, artwork etc. I just want to play!
The game will be funded, I'm absolutely sure; maybe without reaching all the stretch goals, but they are just nice-to-get, not must-have to enjoy the game.
Maybe a relaunch would produce more money, but it would destroy the scheduling and I love the way Tim sticks to his plans. I have to live with KS delays but I absolutely don't like them; "don't promise anything you can't keep" should every creator know by heart before starting a KS.


That's the spirit!
I agree on all points!
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Bloos
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks Peter - and remember always to agree on all points when dealing with a woman
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Waxman

Falcon Heights
Minnesota
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe in Timo and his dream and I ain't going anywhere! Let's do this!
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Migimaus wrote:
Thanks Peter - and remember always to agree on all points when dealing with a woman


Haha!
So that's why I'm single...
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.