Subject: Playing with a Single Hero? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Garrett
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know the rules say that solo play requires the player to run at least two heroes. However, I'm wondering if there are easy adjustments that could be made to allow single-hero play? From a roleplaying perspective, I think it's fun to at least have that option from time to time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Firth
United Kingdom
near mold
flintshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Playing as 2 heroes give each ear 2 activations each before the enemy/monster phase so I suppose you could give 1 hero 4 activations.

I would avoid doing this though. Purely because you only have 4 cards so you will be limited without the synergy of other hero actions.

I'm sure somebody will figure out a variant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davide C
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
I think this would require major modifications of the game. The main problem is the presence of the aid action, which is designed to target another hero. A part from that, balance modifications would also have to be made.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What would you do with your aid action?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brady Sadler
United States
Noblesville
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Aletheia wrote:
I know the rules say that solo play requires the player to run at least two heroes. However, I'm wondering if there are easy adjustments that could be made to allow single-hero play? From a roleplaying perspective, I think it's fun to at least have that option from time to time.

All the content in the game is balanced for gameplay as specified in the rules. Playing a single hero would require excessive modification to all content in the game. Additionally, the aid action would lose all potency.

Interested to see anyone's take on a "lone wolf" mode, but the ways we tried turned out less fun than having at least two heroes to play off each other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei Filip
Canada
New Westminster
BC
flag msg tools
badge
I wonder if "idiot companion" variant would work. Play 2 heroes, but instead of choosing actions for both of them you draw a random action for Leeroy and choose yours based on that. Probably makes the game harder but maybe helps with the immersion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dezza
Australia
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Without knowing the cards and their abilities, perhaps you could add or replace the character's aid card with a different character's.
They're acting as your 'squire'.

If some are stronger than others perhaps they could be ranked/sorted as difficulty levels.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.