Ashes: Rise of the Phoenixborn» Forums » General

Subject: Benefit of getting more Core Sets? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andi Huller
Germany
flag msg tools
Hi all,

I like to have four competetive decks and I am quite used to getting several core sets from FFG LCGs. What benefits would that bring in Ashes. So far I can only think of addition copies of Molten Gold and more dice. What cards do you consider must includes with 3 copies?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Diviad wrote:
Hi all,

I like to have four competetive decks and I am quite used to getting several core sets from FFG LCGs. What benefits would that bring in Ashes. So far I can only think of addition copies of Molten Gold and more dice. What cards do you consider must includes with 3 copies?

personally I don't even feel molten gold is a must include 3 copies. it is a really good card but there are plenty of very good decks you can make without it. also as more expansions come out the need for extra core set copies will be less and less

if you want 4 decks, you might want a second copy for extra cards just in case, and if you will be playing these decks against each other then you will want the second set of dice for sure.

I really cant see a reason to get more than 2 copies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Fritz
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm considering a 2nd set, but mostly so that when my son and I play against each other, we each have free reign over our own set to pick whatever cards and dice we want. If it weren't for the fact that I'm really supporting two active players, one box would suffice for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
glenn3e glenn3e
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm getting a second set so that I have more options for deckbuilding and I think that's all that is required. I can proxy any other cards I need.

And I agree with Klaxas, Molten Gold and their ilk are hardly "auto-includes". I also do not like to rely on this card in my deckbuilding though it is powerful and versatile.

One thing awesome about Ashes is that almost all the cards have their uses in deckbuilding. Compare that to LCGs with a 50-60% rate of useless cards; we're getting a lot of value here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.