Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Contemptus Mundi
United States
Cedar City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Newbie alert... just read the rules through once and wanted to clarify a few things. Haven't played any previous Runebound games before.

1) Skill cards are essentially useless except to exert until they are learned, correct?

2) Is there a way to differentiate learned skills from skills simply in your hand, or do they all just sit on the table together?

3) Learned skills do not count against your hand limit, correct? Learned skills are constrained by the hero's attributes stats.

4) Combat is throwing me in one aspect; when is damage applied? If a hero attacks with 3 axes and the enemy doesn't block for some reason, or chooses to attack in return, is the damage applied immediately, or at the end of the round?

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
admin
designer
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mb
1) Correct. Skill cards in hand can be used to exert, or can be learned and put into play. Some effects instruct players to discard a skill: they always refer to the skill cards you have in hand, not those in play

2) Learned skills are in play, faceup, near your character; skills in hand are, well, in hand, so, not sitting on the table. If you wanna have them on the table, keep the unlearned facedown (so that other players can't metagame on this knowledge)

3) Correct, hand size refers only to skills in your hand, not those that have been learned

4)Damage is applied in the moment you resolve the token
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Smith
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't played, but read the rulebook:

1. Yes. They are used for the various things you can exert for. I don't think I would call them useless though.

2. The ones in your hand aren't technically on the table. Maybe set them face down.

3. Yes, exactly

4. Damage occurs immediately. If they die, they won't get the chance to attack back.

edit: I should have known Julia would beat me to the punch. I guess I need to type faster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) yes dunno about useless you might plan you next advenutre location or how to build your character form them ,, or cycle them with the train option

2) i tend to took learned ones under my character card.. so i can see which "slots" i've used

or learned are on table and not learned are in hand off table?

3) yes

4) if you have axes and they have no sheilds or damage reductions they take the hp damage and you might kill it before it get to fight back

ninjed had to keep going back to check spelling and still failed! :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
admin
designer
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mb
Milarky wrote:
1) yes dunno about useless you might plan you next advenutre location or how to build your character form them ,, or cycle them with the train option

2) i tend to took learned ones under my character card.. so i can see which "slots" i've used

or learned are on table and not learned are in hand off table?

3) yes

4) if you have axes and they have no sheilds or damage reductions they take the hp damage and you might kill it before it get to fight back

ninjed had to keep going back to check spelling and still failed! :-)

LOL

I suggest learning the following:

"Fast problem solver" (cost: 3 Neutral)

Once per question round, you may exert and test Spirit: for each success scored, you may delete one post above yours"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Contemptus Mundi
United States
Cedar City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, that was fast! Thanks guys (and gals) that helps quite a bit. I was thinking combat worked with a pool of attack points and shields would be deducted at the end after all of the flipping occurred. I like this better. Can't wait to try this over the weekend!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Smith
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LoweringTheBar wrote:
Can't wait to try this over the weekend!

So jealous....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.