Subject: Civil War expansion coming in June? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At least according to this site: http://www.nonsportupdate.com/upcomingreleases.htm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
Rosemount
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As well as Encounters: Firefly, and Legendary: BTiLC in August 2016 (likely GenCon release). I had thought only BTiLC was coming out next year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bert McCloud
United Kingdom
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this as good as an official announcement then?
Because last thing I heard it was only a very vague suggestion and no one had actively said yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, this worried me to a certain degree.... i hope that this won't affect the frequency of Marvel-releases
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BertMcCloud wrote:
Is this as good as an official announcement then?
Because last thing I heard it was only a very vague suggestion and no one had actively said yes.

This is what I was hoping to receive, an official confirmation from someone from UD
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
It says June, but I'd bank on it releasing at Gen Con. Same thing happened last year, and the schedule still hasn't recovered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DiggetyDog46 wrote:
It says June, but I'd bank on it releasing at Gen Con. Same thing happened last year, and the schedule still hasn't recovered.

Well, to be fair - we are getting a big set instead of a small one for the "October" expansion, so a month-month and a half slide is perfectly acceptable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isn't it closer to two months? From October to December?

We still have no idea why the first Secret Wars set slipped from June to Gen Con.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DiggetyDog46 wrote:
Isn't it closer to two months? From October to December?

"... many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." I think you're assuming it slipped from the beginning of October to the beginning of December. However, October is 31 days long, and there are exactly 38 days between October 31st and December 9th. 38 days is approximately 1.25 months.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Okay, so the range then (if we want to be persnickety) is between five and nine weeks.

We're just manipulating numbers at this point. Still no idea why Secret Wars Volume 1 slipped in the first place. No reason to believe the schedule will have recovered by next June. I think this is the "new normal." Makes more sense for Upper Deck, as they can make a bigger splash at Gen Con if all their big releases drop at that time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
Rosemount
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DiggetyDog46 wrote:
Okay, so the range then (if we want to be persnickety) is between five and nine weeks.

We're just manipulating numbers at this point. Still no idea why Secret Wars Volume 1 slipped in the first place. No reason to believe the schedule will have recovered by next June. I think this is the "new normal." Makes more sense for Upper Deck, as they can make a bigger splash at Gen Con if all their big releases drop at that time.

Idk - if they could manage one release at Origins in June and then the big shoes dropping at GenCon it may work out better in their favor. Plus gamers would potentially have additional money budgeted this way, also.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny Vinyl
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
That's odd. I guess we can asusme that Robert E. Lee will be a Mastermind and General Grant will be playable, but beyond that I don't know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jefferson Davis Mastermind confirmed!
Always leads: the Confederacy.
Robert Lee will be ascending Mastermind.
New keyword: Fight or Fail: Enslave. Enslave means that whenever you attack a Confederate villain the rightmost hero from the HQ enters the city as a slave with attack equal to its recruitment cost. You cannot defeat a Confederate master as long as any slaves are in the city.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jem
France
flag msg tools
There's a trailer up on YouTube for the film already. So that's a thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ovi Matteo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This movie is going to be awesome I really hope most of these characters will end up in the box, excluding the ones that we already have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I could see us getting an Iron Spider, although he won't be in the movie from what I heard.
We will probably get more characters in the box than in the movie, since I guess this would be a good opportunity to add heroes like Luke Cage to the game.
Vision, Falcon, War Machine, Quicksilver, Iron Spider, Winter Soldier, Ant-Man, Giant Man, Wasp, Scarlet Witch, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, Avengers-Black Panther, maybe a new Cap and a new Iron Man....
As for the Masterminds, I simply cannot imagine anybody else than Captain America leading the anti-registration heroes and Iron Man leading the pro-governmental forces. Maybe throw in Baron Zemo as the third mastermind leading the Thunderbolts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ward
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This was my guess from a couple months ago.

I hope to see:
Heroes(Allies)
1. Iron Spider (Pro-Reg/Spider Friends)
2. Ms Marvel (Pro-Reg/Avengers)
3. Antman(Pymm)(Pro-Reg/Avengers)
4. She-Hulk (Pro-Reg/Avengers)
5. Baron Zemo (Pro-Reg/Thunderbolts)
6. Songbird (Pro-Reg/Thunderbolts)
7. Penance (Pro-Reg/Avengers)
8. Luke Cage (Anti-Reg/MK)
9. Winter Soldier(Anti-Reg/Avengers?)
10. Punisher (Anti-Reg/MK)
11. Falcon (Anti-Reg/Avengers)
12. Goliath (Anti-Reg/Avengers)
13. Patriot (Anit-Reg/Young Avengers)
14. Vision (Anti-Reg/Young Avengers)

Master Minds
1. Captain America (Always Leads Anti-Reg)
2. Iron Man (Always Leads Pro-Reg)
3. Maria Hill (Always Leads Cape Killers)
4. Namor (Always Leads Atlantian Agents)

Villains (Adversaries)

1. Anti-Reg (Recruitable) - Hercules, Cable, Cloak, Dagger
2. Pro-Reg (Recruitable) - Wonderman, Deadpool, Thor Clone, Sentry
3. Thunderbolts Division (Recruitable)- Swordsman, Smuggler, Atlas, Radioactive Man, Beetles, King Cobra, Jack-O-Lantern, Norman Osborn
4. Young Avengers / Runaways (Recruitable) - Wiccan, Hulkling, Hawkeye(Kate Bishop), Stature, Nico Minoru, Molly Hayes, Xavin, Karolina Dean

Henchman
1. Cape Killers
2. Atlantian Agents
3. Nano-bots?

Note: I'd love to see Characters like Hercules, Sentry, Thunderbolts, Young A's, and Run Aways as playable characters... There are just bigger names that are more important.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy Castaneda
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AdelinDumitru wrote:
Jefferson Davis Mastermind confirmed!
Always leads: the Confederacy.
Robert Lee will be ascending Mastermind.
New keyword: Fight or Fail: Enslave. Enslave means that whenever you attack a Confederate villain the rightmost hero from the HQ enters the city as a slave with attack equal to its recruitment cost. You cannot defeat a Confederate master as long as any slaves are in the city.

They can do this, right?

No copyrights on war settings.

Now I'm excited!

-rudy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Hatinen
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
I assumed that the delay on Secret Wars had something to do with the development team realizing they had too much for a single box expansion, and the showed up as they debated and decided what to do about it. That would also explain why we got a bonus second big box in one year.

Honestly I have no evidence to support this, but when plans change someone gets upset, and designing, producing and promoting a game has to be involved and expensive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.