Popular Tags: [View All]
A Huge Goat
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am looking for some suggestions on games that can work for groups of 20+ people.

At my company, we are big on monthly team bonding meetings where we get food and do some kind of activity. The activities these days are starting to get a little uninspired and I feel there have to be some more creative options within the board/card game space. These are a group of people off all shapes, sizes and backgrounds but all I feel are pretty open minded and smart enough to grasp a game of a light complexity but outside their normal understanding. Now one thing I immediately thought of was Two Rooms & a Boom but in light of recent events, I'd rather keep that theme under wraps for a little while.

Any other ideas on what we could try?

Thank you in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Boyung
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Play 5+ games. Seriously. It can be five instances of the same game, but a game with more than 5 players really is a waste. Some people would say werewolf with that many players can work, but it really doesn't.

You could do team versions of party/trivia games like Wits & Wagers but it doesn't seem like that's what you are talking about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobi Wagner
Germany
Ludwigsburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
motoyugota wrote:
Some people would say werewolf with that many players can work, but it really doesn't.

The Werewolves of Miller's Hollow with that many players does work. I played it often enough. Usually a group wants to play it over and over again. I'd give it a try.

I've played The Last Banquet with a large group but it felt a little bit boring. Wouldn't recommend that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Garnica
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two Rooms and a Boom.

Or Werewolf...but we already know how some people feel about that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Huge Goat
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
motoyugota wrote:

You could do team versions of party/trivia games like Wits & Wagers but it doesn't seem like that's what you are talking about.

Actually, that is a pretty good idea. Party and Trivia games are an option. Thank you. Note that we have a large boardroom we use for these things if that helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Schmoll
United States
Raleigh
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gazthrak wrote:
motoyugota wrote:

Actually, that is a pretty good idea. Party and Trivia games are an option. Thank you. Note that we have a large boardroom we use for these things if that helps.

Another thing to think about is you could find/make custom questions themed to something. We did this at a large group holiday party where we also did a dessert potluck. Each question had to do with holiday desserts/facts. Kept it interesting and fun, while also being unique to what was going on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boom Chakalaka
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wits n Wagers with teams; maybe Codenames; Wink plays up to 10 - could get several copies (only $12.99 at Target, and they've a Buy-2-get-1-free sale for boardgames currently); Reverse Charades with several teams (also at Target)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boom Chakalaka
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oooh - also just thought of Geek Out, plus Stix and Stones

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
mbmbmbmbmb
There's an alternte theme for Two Rooms and a Boom that gets away from the Terrorist theme. It's a fantasy (I think a king and a dragon, maybe?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.