Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
103 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: White supremacists fire on BLM protesters, wound five rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Beaton
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
I have a cunning plan
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So at what point do people start using the words "domestic terrorism"?

http://www.startribune.com/several-people-were-shot-near-bla...
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Two groups of protesters in an argument that ends up violent isn't terrorism, no matter how shitty one of those groups is. Now if they just started showing up at BLM protests and shooting people, then sure.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
Avatar
Jesus, what the fuck is wrong with people? People suck.
21 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grand Admiral Thrawn
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It's just a fucking great time to be an American lately. All the violence of the 60s with none of the positive energy or good music.
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
damiangerous wrote:
Two groups of protesters in an argument that ends up violent isn't terrorism, no matter how shitty one of those groups is. Now if they just started showing up at BLM protests and shooting people, then sure.



True, but armed white supremacists heading to a BLM protest weren't there to play patty-cake.
16 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
aiabx wrote:
So at what point do people start using the words "domestic terrorism"?


Start? It's the only kind of terrorism that the left recognizes. (Unless it's done by a homegrown Islamist, in which case it's called "workplace violence.")
Yes, I mean no one called the Curtis Culwell Center attack a terrorist attack, but a work place shooting.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
flag msg tools
Heart full of soul, head full of shit
badge
Snob of the People
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Worth stating that a lot of white supremacists don't like the Bureau of Land Management either

(I totally misunderstood where this thread was going)
29 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Metal Undivided, Chaos For All
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
JoshBot wrote:
Worth stating that a lot of white supremacists don't like the Bureau of Land Management either

(I totally misunderstood where this thread was going)


I thought the same thing, I thought that one criminal who was stealing from the Feds and got a bunch of wannabe Militia types to camp on his ranch in open rebellion somehow got in a tussle with the skinheads.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
JoshBot wrote:
Worth stating that a lot of white supremacists don't like the Bureau of Land Management either

(I totally misunderstood where this thread was going)


I thought the same thing, I thought that one criminal who was stealing from the Feds and got a bunch of wannabe Militia types to camp on his ranch in open rebellion somehow got in a tussle with the skinheads.
You know when I read this the first thing that sprung into my mind was the Oath Keepers.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
Avatar
mb
Drew1365 wrote:
aiabx wrote:
So at what point do people start using the words "domestic terrorism"?


Start? It's the only kind of terrorism that the left recognizes. (Unless it's done by a homegrown Islamist, in which case it's called "workplace violence.")


Funny how the mainstream "leftist media" has had zero reporting on this, I had to hear it on RSP... It would seem that a story like this would produce wood?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Hey man, you need to broaden your news sources beyond Facebook feeds of cute kitten videos. I mean, I live in an extremely conservative state in the Bible Belt and I heard about it last night on the local news.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:
Hey man, you need to broaden your news sources beyond Facebook feeds of cute kitten videos. I mean, I live in an extremely conservative state in the Bible Belt and I heard about it last night on the local news.
On local leftist news?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Webb Space Telescope in 2018!
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
mb
she2 wrote:
Jesus, what the fuck is wrong with people? People suck.

These white supremacists are lower than barbarians, and I hope they are caught and prosecuted.

However, 7 billion other people in the world didn't make the news today because they lived peaceful decent lives. The news skews perception of reality.
18 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
if three suspected Black Panthers shot up a Tea Party rally does anybody else think the coverage would be, ahem, more intense than what this incident has received so far
15 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember when RSP lost its fucking mind over the New Black Panthers? Great times.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grand Admiral Thrawn
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
tesuji wrote:
she2 wrote:
Jesus, what the fuck is wrong with people? People suck.

These white supremacists are lower than barbarians, and I hope they are caught and prosecuted.

However, 7 billion other people in the world didn't make the news today because they lived peaceful decent lives. The news skews perception of reality.


"If it bleeds it leads."

And for Drudge: "If it screeds it leads."
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
And people wonder why the government is buying ammunition for the Bureau of Land Management.

EDIT: Why is it that I not only missed this, but I didn't see three posts about it until a day later? Something is wrong with me.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bbenston wrote:
Remember when RSP lost its fucking mind over the New Black Panthers? Great times.
No.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
aiabx wrote:
So at what point do people start using the words "domestic terrorism"?


Start? It's the only kind of terrorism that the left recognizes. (Unless it's done by a homegrown Islamist, in which case it's called "workplace violence.")


When did you make a conscious effort to only respond with hyperbole?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mightygodking wrote:
if three suspected Black Panthers shot up a Tea Party rally does anybody else think the coverage would be, ahem, more intense than what this incident has received so far


BL*M


*Don't.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
Avatar
bbenston wrote:
Remember when RSP lost its fucking mind over the New Black Panthers? Great times.


Shit, just reading that thread made me sad because everyone sounds more sane even when losing their "fucking minds".

Edit: Except tscook and Drew of course.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
time to close the border to aryan immigrants
16 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Webb Space Telescope in 2018!
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
mb
GameCrossing wrote:
And people wonder why the government is buying ammunition for the Bureau of Land Management.

Yeah, I thought the same thing when I saw this thread.

BLM = Black Lives Matter
BLM = Bureau of Land Management

Bureau of Land Management is a big deal here in Utah. People hate that the govt/BLM controls 42% of the state. Puts a crimp in their off-roading, I guess.

Some people even take pot shots at them. Same brand of people as these MN extremists, maybe. I saw a Bureau of Land Management guy who was wearing a semiautomatic pistol. Made me sad it's come to that.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
slatersteven wrote:
remorseless1 wrote:
Hey man, you need to broaden your news sources beyond Facebook feeds of cute kitten videos. I mean, I live in an extremely conservative state in the Bible Belt and I heard about it last night on the local news.
On local leftist news?
Communist Broadcast System
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Alleman
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
einsteinidahosu wrote:
It's just a fucking great time to be an American lately. All the violence of the 60s with none of the positive energy or good music.


Why do you say we don't have good music? I go to music shows every week and hear great bands. The Grateful Dead are playing two nights here, starting tonight. The variety of music and talent has improved greatly from the 60's IMHO.

I would agree a little "free love" might go a long way, maybe if some of these guys got laid a little more, they wouldn't need to play with guns so much.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.