Peter Latshaw
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
I just bought the deluxe edition at BGG con and love the game! any help here would appreciated! Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew B
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they are all included in the deluxe edition. They are all in the kickstarter edition at least.

The World variant components were the only optional add-on I believe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sabgfan wrote:
I just bought the deluxe edition at BGG con and love the game! any help here would appreciated! Thanks.

All the new reprints are deluxe, btw. It depends if what you bought was the Kickstarter edition that included all the stretch goals or the retail version, which doesn't include the Prussian, Denmark, or Ottoman board and figures. I believe everything in the Geek Store was not included in the retail version, which is why they're being sold in the Geek Store at all. My only hesitancy is in the Plague Promos, which I thought was included in all games. You'll have to check your inventory to make sure on that one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ayejae wrote:
sabgfan wrote:

All the new reprints are deluxe, btw. It depends if what you bought was the Kickstarter edition that included all the stretch goals or the retail version, which doesn't include the Prussian, Denmark, or Ottoman board and figures. I believe everything in the Geek Store was not included in the retail version, which is why they're being sold in the Geek Store at all. My only hesitancy is in the Plague Promos, which I thought was included in all games. You'll have to check your inventory to make sure on that one.

I believe the Plague buildings were included in the Deluxe edition (not as a KS stretch goal), which is why they're listed in the rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mvettemagred wrote:
ayejae wrote:
sabgfan wrote:

I believe the Plague buildings were included in the Deluxe edition (not as a KS stretch goal), which is why they're listed in the rulebook.

I think you're right. The ones in the Geek Store must be hold overs from the old edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Dunn
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
"...to excel above the common rate, in frivolous things, is nothing graceful in a man of quality and honor." - Michel de Montaigne
badge
Let's just play everything always.
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought my Deluxe from CSI.

It did not come with:

Empires: Age of Discovery – World Variant Components
Empires: Age of Discovery – Bonus Capital Buildings
Empires: Age of Discovery – Denmark Player Board and White Figures
Empires: Age of Discovery – Ottoman Player Board and Gold Figures
Empires: Age of Discovery – Prussia Player Board and Black Figures
Glenn Drover's Empires: Age of Discovery – Metal Coins

The usefulness of each of these is somewhat questionable. The world variant components are what you need to play the reverse side of the map that comes in the game box, which is really... ahem.

The extra factions make you buy a whole new color of miniatures, for what's essentially just a new player power. You would do better writing down all the player powers onto little cards, and then randomly assigning them, rather than spend $15 a pop on a ton of plastic and cardboard you don't need. Honestly, I've been enjoying the game more when we don't use the player powers in the first place.

The metal coins are, well, nice. But the plastic coins are nice too.

The extra buildings are ok, but make sure to print out a guide to them, as they aren't explained properly through just reading the tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd definitely say the extra stuff are not necessary at all and mostly luxury items. Unless you're a completionist, you're probably better off pretending they don't exist and buy a while 'nother game (or two) with the money. The game plays beautifully either way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Dixon
United States
Herndon
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sabgfan wrote:

I have an extra ottoman board and extra set of Denmark troops/board at home i think i can check. If you want them you can pay postage?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ayejae wrote:
Unless you're a completionist, you're probably better off pretending they don't exist and buy a while 'nother game (or two) with the money. The game plays beautifully either way.

I backed the EAOD KS, had all my money on all the silly addons, then last minute I changed my mind and dropped all/most of them and added a little more money for Triassic Terror. Talk about awesome swap. This way my EAOD is still as perfect as intended (the addons weren't that necessary as discussed above) and Triassic Terror turned out to be a nice, light alternative to Dominant Species. With friggin' plastic dinosaurs!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Relph
Canada
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My version came with the Ottoman Board, but not the gold pieces for them. Although they did substitute a color instead of gold, but I couldn't tell you which color that is supposed to be.

I found it very disappointing that the World Variant Tiles are not included in the deluxe edition. Otherwise a great box though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Washtali wrote:
My version came with the Ottoman Board, but not the gold pieces for them. Although they did substitute a color instead of gold, but I couldn't tell you which color that is supposed to be.

I found it very disappointing that the World Variant Tiles are not included in the deluxe edition. Otherwise a great box though.

Ottoman board was free, but the gold pieces were an add-on for $15, I think. You're just meant to use whatever color you want with them, since you can only play 6 players max anyways.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.