Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Lett
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering if technologies had to be built in order (from left-to-right) in each of the respective rows. I made initially made that assumption, based on how a lot of other games work, but after re-reading the rules, there's nothing that says you have to.

If you can build them out of order, I question whether certain elements of the game are O/P. For example, The Great Library potentially giving you a level 5 tech for 4/3 gold in the First Era.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
artfuldodgr42 wrote:
I was wondering if technologies had to be built in order (from left-to-right) in each of the respective rows. I made initially made that assumption, based on how a lot of other games work, but after re-reading the rules, there's nothing that says you have to.

If you can build them out of order, I question whether certain elements of the game are O/P. For example, The Great Library potentially giving you a level 5 tech for 4/3 gold in the First Era.

Thanks!

each row must be built in order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
mfl134 wrote:
artfuldodgr42 wrote:

Thanks!

each row must be built in order...

Rules - page 5 under Develop a Technology wrote:
Important: To develop a technology the previous one in the same row (as indicated by the arrows) must be developed already.

This is slightly hidden in that it is in a red box that also includes an example. But the example is to explain this rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Lett
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mfl134 wrote:
Rules - page 5 under Develop a Technology wrote:
Important: To develop a technology the previous one in the same row (as indicated by the arrows) must be developed already.

This is slightly hidden in that it is in a red box that also includes an example. But the example is to explain this rule.

Ahhh, I missed that. Thanks for the clarification!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.