Popular Tags: [View All]
Mitchell Lurcook
United States
Kingsport
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A small part of me is debating on selling all the armor sets. The only ones Ive used is the unarmored set. So i have 8 starting survivors.

The more I think about it the more I dont really care about the armor sets.

Anyone else thinking that? How much do you think I could get?

I mean they are for aesthetics anyways and the starting survivors work fine for gamepla.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Carr
United States
Ruckersville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have thought about it as well... and then decided the enjoyment I get from building is worth it for me. I play solo and having a visual representation of the survivor with the katar or zanbato will be worth it. The figure representation of survivor named X solidification has not seemed to happen as survivor X has a tendency to die and a new name appears...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
It could kill the value of your game should you choose to sell it later....

-Ski

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Teamski wrote:
It could kill the value of your game should you choose to sell it later....

-Ski

If Ebay is to be believed, people are buying the game sans plastic for ~$150. Sooo...depending on what you sell the plastic bits for, you could come out ???.

Oh, and to the OP, a few good reasons to sell:

1) You just spent a pile of money on this thing and need to get some cash back.
2) You'll never use them, so why have junk sitting around?
3) Someone else out there will get enjoyment out of them.

Some reasons not to sell:

1) Price might go up significantly in the future when this stuff is OOP.
2) You might regret not having them down the road when you're in LY18 and wish you could build some Pheonix armor or whatever.
3) You or your family member might actually enjoy putting them together.
4) You might not be able to trade the game as easily. You might sell the game for less than you paid without the extra plastic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Depends on how much you like building and/or WYSIWYG.

I like building a lot, like WYSIWYG to a degree. I could easily see you having plenty of variety with 2-3 armor sets, and we played most of our first two campaigns with just the 4 starter survivors.

If you are, I'd be interested in which kits you'd like to part with, since I have a few I could use more of since I like the look particularly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, if you decide to sell some sets, let us know which ones. You could probably get rid of them all on BGG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frankie
United States
chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just saw this post after putting a similar one up. I also plan on selling all the survivor sprues, will research on price. Keep us updated Mitchell

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Trewartha
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Its personal opinion at the end of the day. If you just see the survivor miniatures like game counters and don't really care what is there too much, then yeah might as well sell the rest. If you like the idea of adding in different and uniquely posed miniatures depending on what armour you have built, then you need the kits. Even just having a male and female of each kit, once you make the armour set in game you can represent it as a model. Sound exciting? If not then sell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Lurcook
United States
Kingsport
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The predicament I'm having is this.

On one hand, I love building and painting minis, and im probably going to build two of each armor set (one male and one female) and the players can upgrade when one of them gets a full set of said armor. However the remaining i will keep to the side and if someone does something especially heroic or cool, and my players agree that the said person deserves a unique, i will build his mini with whatever he has equip at the time and paint it to his/her specification (of course parts availability permitting). The other part of me just wants to do all of them unique builds, but expansion armor sets will probably rarly get seen at that point because by the time they come out the available parts may be used up by then, that's why at least 2 armor sets of each would somewhat take care of that issue... kindof anyways.

On the other hand, due to there being 2 female and 2 male of everyone and I like the ability to have 4 men and 4 women if we wanted or are forced to due to settlement population. It buggs me for some reason. Also the fact that im not magnetizing the minis means that WYSIWYG isnt really going to happen. so for that matter the minis are purely for ascetics anyways that most people other then probably me arnt really going to notice or care.

I mean if anything ill just not paint them and leave them in the box in the bedroom, most of me doesn't want to sell them, but a small part of me wants too because I could probably get some money for them now, in case they depreciate in time.

My brother said not to "for badassery" and my friend said yeah i mean they are only for ascetics anyways.

Again im probably not going to, I just mainly wanted to rant and vent.... Heres a pic of everything ive painted so far.

Also side not, I put a lot of work in mine, yet im tempted to repaint them because im absolutely loving the grey and white stone looking paint jobs. Easy, quick, and looks outstanding. Just add on a little color for like hair, eyes or something. Probably wont repaint however because I put too much work into mine... but man they look pretty as the grey and white.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Bob
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
WolfVonhinslik wrote:

On the other hand, due to there being 2 female and 2 male of everyone and I like the ability to have 4 men and 4 women if we wanted or are forced to due to settlement population. It buggs me for some reason. Also the fact that im not magnetizing the minis means that WYSIWYG isnt really going to happen. so for that matter the minis are purely for ascetics anyways that most people other then probably me arnt really going to notice or care.

While I've definitely enjoyed putting all of mine together, I can certainly understand this sentiment. I haven't really mixed and matched armor sets too much, though I did use a couple leather arms for the bracers on another figure. What I have mainly been focusing on is getting a Male and Female of each weapon type (note I say type, so the Swordsman has a Bone Sword, while the Swordswoman has a Scrap Sword for example.). So theres something immediately visually recognizable on each model- while it might take a closer look to tell if its wearing rawhide, leather, or whatever, "Guy with the Axe" is pretty easy for players to spot, and most players tend to identify their character by the weapon they wield, not so much the armor their wearing.

I also took 6 of the bases, painted them in bold primary colors, and attached magnets to them so I can swap out the figures on them, to give the players a second way to reference who's who- helped a lot with a brand new group playing for the first time. If your not familiar with the starting survivors, they can kinda all look the same, especially the girls.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmit Svenson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
Looks like the armor kits will sell for around $50 from the online store--they're up for $25 this Black Friday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Gilbank
Canada
Markham
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm also selling all extra armour sets from the base game. if anyone interested PM me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.