United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Me rocking out with my band, which you can hear at www.raindriver.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Dumb question...

Three defending units suffer a letter result on the CRT, but cannot retreat. Does each unit lose a step, or is it a single step for the entire stack?

If the former, is the choice of steps lost the same as with a numerical result, i.e.; owner then opponent?

Thanks in advance. Apologies is already asked and answered, I could swear I posted this last night but don't see the question in the forums.

Doug

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm fairly sure it is one step for each unit which is required to retreat but cannot. This could be everything for a "B" result, or only a subset of units for "S"/"L" results.

By the way, this can be a way to more easily get rid of a pesky 2-step FORT. Assign one damage to it and select it as one of the retreating units to force a second damage to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave LeLacheur
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
dcooley wrote:
Dumb question...

Three defending units suffer a letter result on the CRT, but cannot retreat. Does each unit lose a step, or is it a single step for the entire stack?

If the former, is the choice of steps lost the same as with a numerical result, i.e.; owner then opponent?

Thanks in advance. Apologies is already asked and answered, I could swear I posted this last night but don't see the question in the forums.

Doug

Hi Doug,

All questions are good question. Each unit takes a step loss in the case you cite above. Since each unit it taking a 1 Size loss, who "picks" does not really matter. Good luck!

Cheers,
Dave L.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesca Campofredano
Italy
Roma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveLeLacheur wrote:
dcooley wrote:
Dumb question...

Doug

Hi Doug,

All questions are good question. Each unit takes a step loss in the case you cite above. Since each unit it taking a 1 Size loss, who "picks" does not really matter. Good luck!

Cheers,
Dave L.

Hi Dave,

you say each unit takes a step loss but the OP did not specify which letter results the units have suffered. If the letter was a B each would lose a step, but in case of S (L) only 1/3 (2/3) of the unit would lose one step. Is this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
lopresti wrote:
DaveLeLacheur wrote:
dcooley wrote:
Dumb question...

Doug

Hi Doug,

Cheers,
Dave L.

Hi Dave,

you say each unit takes a step loss but the OP did not specify which letter results the units have suffered. If the letter was a B each would lose a step, but in case of S (L) only 1/3 (2/3) of the unit would lose one step. Is this correct?

Only units assigned a retreat result that cannot retreat take the extra hit. So if you have three units defending and they get hit with an "L" and cannot retreat, both of those two "L" units take the extra loss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave LeLacheur
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Wendell has aptly summed up the situation. Thanks Wendell!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Cooley
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Me rocking out with my band, which you can hear at www.raindriver.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.