Mike Lochtefeld
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all. I recently moved to Naperville and looking for a gaming group or to start a gaming group, primarily board games. My gaming tastes and collection run the gamut with Eurogames, Ameritrash, wargames, etc. I'm up for anything, but would like to have a night once a month for Descent 2nd edition or Imperial Assault. Anyway, PM me if you're interested or have a group that is open for another member. BTW, I'm on the south side of Naperville, closer to Plainfield.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X Topher
United States
Highland
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey. I used to live in the Plainfield area, but do not anymore. There are a few big game stores near you: The Wandering Dragon (downtown plainfield), Fair Game, Draxtar Games; where you may find other gamers.

My game group would meet at my buddy's place in Wheaton (near Butterfield & Park), but he's moving to California on Friday! cry So I can't help you with a hosting locale at the moment.

I do game occasionally with the Northwest Indiana Board Gamers association out here in Indiana. They have a game night from about 6-11pm every Monday, and typically an all day event on the weekend once a month. They're a fun/diverse group if you don't mind a ~50 mile drive from where you are.

https://boardgamegeek.com/guild/1078

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raf Cordero
United States
Bolingbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're on the south end of Naperville, closer to Plainfield, we're practically neighbors! There is a Gaming Goat off of 95th and Naperville-Plainfield (though they don't do much in the way of board games). In downtown Plainfield there is the excellent Wandering Dragon. I started going there when I was new to gaming and have made great friends and joined a couple groups. They have a Meetup page with tons of events going on every week, and you can also offer to run anything and they'll schedule it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E Bennington
United States
Geneva
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Draxtar's in Batavia has a decent game night every Tuesday. It's my usual board game hang and we'd love to have you join. My favorite group is [Toggle Gaming} in Shaumburg, but they're a bit of a drive. But there's also the largest weekly-meeting board game group in the world. Totally worth a late Tuesday night every now-and-then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Zimmermann
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools

[toggle Gaming]'s Tuesday event is well worth checking out! We bring in 90-120 gamers every week. My friend Andrew and I also put out about 300 games from our personal collection to share with anyone that drops by. It is a bit of a hike, but it's a really great group of people.

www.toggleGaming.com
www.meetup.com/toggleGaming
www.facebook.com/groups/toggleGaming

drop in, drink up, play on!

-Kevin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.