Ukko Kaarto
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So we have a core set campaign where the heroes try to stop the Cult from summoning the demon.

We have KS exclusive pledge mini-expansion, where there's adventures that somehow fit together (before or after) the main campaign.

We have Hideout mini-expansion, which gives us a tavern to rest our weary bones. But only after we kick the Cult out!?

Is it so that the mini-expansions can be added to the main campaign, but only by playing them you can unlock the bonuses and by doing that you risk of getting wounds and dead heroes!?

Is it like a living world that you expand by playing content and then you can use the benefits?

Oh, one more question. You can save or kill the witch in Witch's Grotto. But can you also burn down the tavern in Hideout?
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Good questions!
Looking forward to the answers to them!
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Gaczkowski
Germany
Ludwigshafen
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And don't forget the third campaign "The Mad Shaman", which hopefully will also be unlocked...
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay,

Once again, great questions. Do ask more.

Mordjinn wrote:
So we have a core set campaign where the heroes try to stop the Cult from summoning the demon.

We have KS exclusive pledge mini-expansion, where there's adventures that somehow fit together (before or after) the main campaign.

We have Hideout mini-expansion, which gives us a tavern to rest our weary bones. But only after we kick the Cult out!?


Yes, that is true. It's cult hideout and they're not keen on giving it without a fight - no surprise there, I guess?

Quote:
Is it so that the mini-expansions can be added to the main campaign, but only by playing them you can unlock the bonuses and by doing that you risk of getting wounds and dead heroes!?


Absolutely so. There are no benefits without risks, you know.

Quote:
Is it like a living world that you expand by playing content and then you can use the benefits?


Absolutely. We intend to add more and more content and you'll find out, in the end if the cult wins or you. The 'living world' that Gloomhaven did so nicely has been the driving motivation for us, as well. We have, however, opted to concentrate on what is currently available rather than using future expansions as selling points.

The current situation is that:
- Main campaign
- Hideout
- Witch's grotto
- Mad Shaman (that I'm sure will end up being unlocked)

Will mean that you'll have access to four campaigns out of which Mad Shaman is actually in between of Main campaign, basically expanding it,
where as Hideout and Witch's grotto are separate story threads that you can play either before or after the main campaign.

And by the time you're done with those stories, there should be more available.

Quote:
Oh, one more question. You can save or kill the witch in Witch's Grotto. But can you also burn down the tavern in Hideout?


Interesting idea. Haven't thought off it, but I'll have to put that idea in to the magic hat and see what kind of rabbit comes out.
11 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted this in your update but thought I might as well do it here as well:

The English is a little awkward in the update post so I'm trying to make sure I understand the significance the "Hideout" has in the long run.

You say:
"Also included is information on using the tavern as an “HQ” for the heroes to rest up between campaigns and a place to sell off treasures or maybe even resurrect their dead comrades."

and then:
"There has been a question of what good such a home base will do the heroes when they can’t travel there in the middle of the campaign, between scenarios, to heal up.

The answer to this is simple – the currently available campaigns, as well as future campaigns that are in the works, are each designed to be completed without leveling up or healing all your wounds in the middle of them."


So what I understand from this is that the hideout can be used between campaigns, not in the middle of them.

The following question asks whether there is any use for the hideout during a campaign and your answer is that the campaigns aren't designed levelling or for healing, etc in the middle of them. So what you're saying is that the hideout has no use during the middle of the campaign, correct? Is this the answer you intended?

What happens if you don't buy the "Hideout" expansion? Can you heal or resurrect heroes between campaigns?

If I just have the core box campaign and the "Witch's Grotto" campaign, am I unable to heal or resurrect characters between them?
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Logus Vile wrote:
I posted this in your update but thought I might as well do it here as well:

The English is a little awkward in the update post so I'm trying to make sure I understand the significance the "Hideout" has in the long run.

You say:
"Also included is information on using the tavern as an “HQ” for the heroes to rest up between campaigns and a place to sell off treasures or maybe even resurrect their dead comrades."

and then:
"There has been a question of what good such a home base will do the heroes when they can’t travel there in the middle of the campaign, between scenarios, to heal up.

The answer to this is simple – the currently available campaigns, as well as future campaigns that are in the works, are each designed to be completed without leveling up or healing all your wounds in the middle of them."


So what I understand from this is that the hideout can be used between campaigns, not in the middle of them.

The following question asks whether there is any use for the hideout during a campaign and your answer is that the campaigns aren't designed levelling or for healing, etc in the middle of them. So what you're saying is that the hideout has no use during the middle of the campaign, correct? Is this the answer you intended?

What happens if you don't buy the "Hideout" expansion? Can you heal or resurrect heroes between campaigns?

If I just have the core box campaign and the "Witch's Grotto" campaign, am I unable to heal or resurrect characters between them?


Excellent questions. We'll reply to these in detail (in proper english) on todays backer update, ok?
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ukko Kaarto
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Eridis wrote:
Excellent questions. We'll reply to these in detail (in proper english) on todays backer update, ok?


And so you did. I'll paste that part here for non backers and for future reference:

From KS update #20: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/509519175/perditions-mo...

"Campaigns and Expansions

A lot of you have been curious about the setting of Perdition’s Mouth, how the expansions tie into the core set campaigns, as well as how it all connects to the future of the world we’ve created. Here are Timo’s answers:

About the world of Perdition’s Mouth and the Abyssal Rift

We’ve been playing RPGs since 1993 in this campaign setting, and my first board game (Zanziar) takes place in this world. There is loads of material which we’ll use to spice up the world of PM.
The current situation is what takes place in the main campaign, set near the “Abyssal Rift”.

Each “side quest” brings a double-sided map with new scenarios. These are (so far):
Hideout
Witch's grotto
Mad Shaman (which I'm sure will end up being unlocked)

Upcoming expansions will be similar in scale to “Abyssal Rift”, bringing new aspects to the game, not just new dungeons to explore. But we think that it’s better now to concentrate on the four campaigns that we currently having on the platter.

To start, you'll have access to four campaigns. The Mad Shaman is in middle of the Main campaign, basically expanding it, whereas Hideout and Witch's grotto are separate story threads that you can play either before or after the main campaign.
And by the time you're done with those stories, there should be more available.

Is Perdition’s Mouth a “Living World”?

We intend to add more and more content, and you will only find out in the end if the cult wins or if you are victorious. The “living world” that Gloomhaven did so nicely has been a real motivator for us, as well. We have, however, opted to concentrate on what is currently available rather than using future expansions as a selling point.

We also have chosen a slightly different approach as we allow “save points” between each scenario, so that you can always choose to backtrack to any given savepoint to try again with different tactics, heroes or strategic decisions.

Look to tomorrow’s update for more from Timo on the Hideout and its use as an HQ for the heroes, as well as more on the Mad Shaman."

5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.