Popular Tags: [View All]
oystein eker
Norway
Unspecified
sola
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Often you see most worthless tokens on undiscovered artists for first round. The good ones goes first in first round. (read get a meeple) Leaving worthless for last player(s)

One guy in our club does whine about this if he goes late. He is an experienced and excellent euro player. He feels he lags behind due to this after first round. If last player starts on Artist Village and hope for kick out - you can avoid it first round, and pick it up in second round.

Are we victims of group thinking? Going for the discover is a standard opening for us. Maybe buying the one art avail is good as discover?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
2010 - Vinhos, 2012 - CO2, 2014 - kanban, 2015 - The Gallerist, 2016 - Vinhos Deluxe, 2017 - Lisboa, 2018 - Escape Plan, CO2 Second Chance and Dragon Keepers - Maybe: 2019 - ROTW Portugal and On Mars, 2020 - Kanban Deluxe Edition
mbmbmbmbmb
Or go for a contract with a visitor and you have an immediate executive action and one ticket and the meetings or Vip bonus, are already worth it.

Or you just go and hire a couple of guys to get one immediate ticket and use one coin from the influence track and be setup for the international market in the next move. or you just open in the international market and you also get a ticket or 2 and also use one coin from the influence track. Coin that the guys who discover an artist as his first move will lose if they are kicked out.

Any location has a good opening. In my group, many times nobody goes to the artist colony before the second round. There are enough artists and plenty of time to get your works. You may prepare the path first. Its much better to go there with one collector inside your Gallery.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oystein eker
Norway
Unspecified
sola
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Extremely quick response -Vital!

Thanks!!!

thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Wells

Gilbert
Arizona
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eker wrote:

One guy in our club does whine about this if he goes late. He is an experienced and excellent euro player. He feels he lags behind due to this after first round. If last player starts on Artist Village and hope for kick out - you can avoid it first round, and pick it up in second round.

I don't remember being in a Norwegian game group - seriously thou, I'm thinking the same. I was left with nothing and no noticeable "good" choices. I agree that taking the artist is the most obvious but agree with Vital that since there are plenty of artists then other options should be seriously considered.

What ever the action is - it better get visitors into your area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaut Palfer-Sollier
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Major Geek wrote:
What ever the action is - it better get visitors into your area.

In fact, I'm wondering if it's really a good idea. As soon as you will sell a work of art, you will lose one visitor from your gallery. These bonuses are kind of lost.
I think I'd rather grab other bonuses and use tickets to put visitors in my lobby, sell 2 or 3 works of art as fast as possible and then bring visitors to my gallery by any possible mean.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
Australia
Adelaide
SA
flag msg tools
mb
I'm not convinced discovering artists is even necessary at any point in the game. If you are the last player and all other players before you discover an artist, then you have your pick of four artists' art! It doesn't cost much more than the commission price, and you have a work of art before anyone else.

I have played a game in which I did not discover artists at all and I scored my highest end game score that game. That is not to say that it is necessarily a better strategy, just that it worked well for me that time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Adams
Australia
Chisholm
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
newrev wrote:
Or go for a contract with a visitor and you have an immediate executive action and one ticket and the meetings or Vip bonus, are already worth it.

Or you just go and hire a couple of guys to get one immediate ticket and use one coin from the influence track and be setup for the international market in the next move. or you just open in the international market and you also get a ticket or 2 and also use one coin from the influence track. Coin that the guys who discover an artist as his first move will lose if they are kicked out.

Any location has a good opening. In my group, many times nobody goes to the artist colony before the second round. There are enough artists and plenty of time to get your works. You may prepare the path first. Its much better to go there with one collector inside your Gallery.
And this is why any game you produce is an instabuy for me - you're still engaged and involved.

Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.