44 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Warhammer Quest: The Adventure Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Already Sold Out? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vexille Voxhalyn
msg tools
CSI moved it to out of stock my LGS all say the copies they got in flew off the shelves...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Available at Miniature Market.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kēvin Zoren
United States
Havre
Montana
flag msg tools
@!#?@!
badge
Ehrmahgahd! Berd gahms!
mbmbmbmbmb
I just ordered one a few minutes ago from Miniature Market.

Edit: ninja 'd
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This thread is tearing me up. I put it at the top of my secret Santa list and vowed not to buy any games until after Christmas. I'm staying strong, but I really hope it's not sold out if I don't get it from Santa.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Mori
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
Guess I am glad I pre-ordered from MM despite their holiday sale delay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yuriy Matuhno
Ukraine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I pre-ordered it from the local web-store month or so ago, so I hope I won't into any kind of trouble like this. When it finally arrives to my third world country that is
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davide C
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
I preordered it from a local game shop, it says it will be available from next Monday, so hopefully I should receive it next week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Holmes
United States
Chesapeake
Virginia
flag msg tools
Brawling Brothers!
badge
Team Brandon!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm I preordered mine from CSI and my order still says pre-ordered. I hope they didn't run out before they got to my order.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Bieberbach
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadow_Tracker wrote:
Hmmm I preordered mine from CSI and my order still says pre-ordered. I hope they didn't run out before they got to my order.....

CSI is still showing pre-order for this, though you can no longer do so. Likely what happened is that all of the copies they are getting in their initial delivery have been spoken for. I think your (and my) pre-order is safe. At least I hope so. :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Larson
United States
Coon Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kbieb wrote:
Shadow_Tracker wrote:

CSI is still showing pre-order for this, though you can no longer do so. Likely what happened is that all of the copies they are getting in their initial delivery have been spoken for. I think your (and my) pre-order is safe. At least I hope so. :-)

I noticed this before with Android Netrunner: Opening Moves. It was in-stock for part of a day, then it was back to out-of-stock. Then a few days later it was back in-stock. I'm guessing what Kurt is describing is what happened. I'm sure they have more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John E
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am in the same boat with CSI; I preordered a couple of weeks ago. Yesterday came and went with no shipping notification soblue

I'm sure they are slammed between the black friday sale and people taking off today for thanksgiving. It wouldn't surprise me if it didn't ship until Friday or the weekend...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vexille Voxhalyn
msg tools
Well MM had it showing as in-stock so I ordered a copy from there (my first order with them) - I hope they're a reputable outfit and aren't just collecting orders to fulfill when/if they have stock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Holmes
United States
Chesapeake
Virginia
flag msg tools
Brawling Brothers!
badge
Team Brandon!
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the response I just received from CSI....

Shipping CoolStuffInc.com <shipping@coolstuffinc.com>

11:06 AM (7 minutes ago)

to me

Hello William,

Thank you for ordering with us. This item has not arrived yet. When it does, your order would ship out within 1 business day. We appreciate your business and look forward to any future orders you may place. If I can be of further service please write back or call us Toll Free in the US. Our phone number is (877) CSI-Orlando or (877) 274-6752.

Thanks for shopping with us,

Eddie

as you can see they claim they have not received the game yet.....

Bill

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Shegda
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadow_Tracker wrote:
This is the response I just received from CSI....

Shipping CoolStuffInc.com <shipping@coolstuffinc.com>

11:06 AM (7 minutes ago)

to me

Hello William,

Thank you for ordering with us. This item has not arrived yet. When it does, your order would ship out within 1 business day. We appreciate your business and look forward to any future orders you may place. If I can be of further service please write back or call us Toll Free in the US. Our phone number is (877) CSI-Orlando or (877) 274-6752.

Eddie

as you can see they claim they have not received the game yet.....

Bill

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Sarley
United States
Huntersville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only problem is someone in another thread mentioned they got a shipping notification on their CSI pre-order. It's very possible they just got a partial shipment and only were able to fulfill a few pre-orders, and they may be expecting another shipment in soon. I've seen some recent new releases (7 Wonders Duel) come in and out of stock several times in the first week or two.

Funny thing for me is I pre-ordered Catacombs, Orleans, and WQ:ACG because I read the first two might sell out pretty quickly. I just tossed WQ:ACG in the cart to get to $100 for free shipping, and I figured out of the games on my wishlist, it was the one most likely to be in stock. Now it's out, but Catacombs and Orleans are at 20+.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YIFAN REN
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mb
I got a similar respond from CSI saying it might come today:

Hello Jack,

Thank you for ordering with us. We hope to see it today. I apologize for any confusion and/or inconvenience this may have caused. We appreciate your business and look forward to any future orders you may place. If I can be of further service please write back or call us Toll Free in the US. Our phone number is (877) CSI-Orlando or (877) 274-6752.

Eddie

Finger crossed...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Mori
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
Just called Miniature Market as it is now sold out there as well. They said they could fulfill my pre-order, but that because of their holiday customers that have started ordering for the last couple of days, my 3 month long pre-order, yes that's right I pre-ordered as soon as I heard it announced, wont be shipped until next week.

What I want to know is why after they have had my money for 3 months they decide to put ME on the back burner ahead of customers just now ordering.

Doubt I do business with them again. My son was coming down and I arranged his arrival so that we would have some sit down time with it. We were both excited about it but will now miss the opportunity for quite some time to come.

Thank you MM.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scourn1
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Getting mine from FLGS, though because of the holiday im told they wont get it in til next Tuesday. Sucks as I was hoping it would be in this week.

Good lesson though, dont order online if you want it asap, support the store.

I did order all of Armada wave 2 from MM and have tracking to get it Monday

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vexille Voxhalyn
msg tools
ReaveraMori wrote:
Just called Miniature Market as it is now sold out there as well. They said they could fulfill my pre-order, but that because of their holiday customers that have started ordering for the last couple of days, my 3 month long pre-order, yes that's right I pre-ordered as soon as I heard it announced, wont be shipped until next week.

What I want to know is why after they have had my money for 3 months they decide to put ME on the back burner ahead of customers just now ordering.

Doubt I do business with them again. My son was coming down and I arranged his arrival so that we would have some sit down time with it. We were both excited about it but will now miss the opportunity for quite some time to come.

Thank you MM.

If my order with MM does not ship out by Monday the 30th then I will cancel it and never do business with them again.

At the time I placed the order it was listed as "In Stock"; not "Pre-Order" or "Expected" but "In Stock".

I'm getting really tired of how commonplace doublespeak and the intentional butchering of the English language has become.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Schoberg
United States
Elkhorn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
no law on ceres.... just cops.
badge
i keep warning you. doors and corners, kid. that's where they get you.
mbmbmbmbmb
ReaveraMori wrote:

Thank you MM.

So you preordered a game that didn't have a firm release date and then you were upset when it didn't arrive by a date you set for yourself?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vexille Voxhalyn
msg tools
scourn1 wrote:

Good lesson though, dont order online if you want it asap, support the store.

I've found the opposite - I've almost always been able to get a game from CSI *before* any LGS and at a significant discount.

If there was a game store that provided ANY value add to justify the difference in cost I'd happily support them but even in a city this large, unless you are an MtG or W40K nerd they really don't bring anything "extra" to the customer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Bieberbach
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
emodiu5 wrote:

So you preordered a game that didn't have a firm release date and then you were upset when it didn't arrive by a date you set for yourself?

I imagine he's upset because it appears as if they are shipping people who just ordered before they ship his pre-order which he placed three months ago. Legitimate complaint IMO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Schoberg
United States
Elkhorn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
no law on ceres.... just cops.
badge
i keep warning you. doors and corners, kid. that's where they get you.
mbmbmbmbmb
kbieb wrote:
emodiu5 wrote:

I imagine he's upset because it appears as if they are shipping people who just ordered before they ship his pre-order which he placed three months ago. Legitimate complaint IMO.

Sounds more like they are just busy with their holiday sale, not necessarily SHIPPING because of the holiday sale, much less shipping the game he purchased.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Resner
United States
austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kbieb wrote:

Sounds like MM might be using the Kickstarter business model
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Mori
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
So there is an old proverb about making everyone happy. You cannot do it. Even with the best of choices you will inevitably upset someone.

So if you dont understand my position I dont blame you.

To be clear, MM was good to ship until they over saturated themselves with orders. They didn't have the hands on deck needed. They started a sale the day the product was due to ship. None of these are my problem. Its called seasonal help and sticking to your word.

I called to see if it would ship on the 24th and they said it would ship within 24 hours. I made an arrangement with travel plans that I cannot undo and now they change it to next week.

Forgetting any travel plans I made on something as variable as shipment, I am not happy that someone who ordered yesterday has as much priority as my pre-order.

Part of the reason I get a pre-order is to have it shipped at a reduced price as soon as its out. Not a week after the retailer received the product. Especially after they have invested or sat on my money for 3 months.

If these business practices or general oversights on a company's part don't bother you then great. I am happy for you, that's just not me and that's ok.

I did think about being petty, but I stand on principle. One persons petty is another persons let down and I really dont want this to break down into another "its just a game get over yourself" debate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.